Mobile Engineer (iOS)
Metaview (www.metaview.gg) is a stealth, SF-based team building the next-gen, gaming-centric video content platform founded by former Twitch and Xbox leaders. Our founders have extensive experience with esports, content creators and influencer relations, video game development and publishing, and live-streamer technology and tools. Our team has worked on multiple large scale, content creator products at Twitch as well as premium gaming content and esports partnerships (e.g. Overwatch League, League Championship Series, Twitchcon). The company is funded and backed by a bold, strategic corporate and an exclusive group of executive angels from various current and former leadership ranks of AAA game publishers, talent agencies and multiple content / streaming video services.
Metaview is creating a new way to consume gaming-centric video content, spotlighting curated content from the games, creators and communities you love. We are aiming to leave a lasting mark in the gaming industry and are looking for exceptional, deeply passionate technologists, gamers, and content creator & esports fans to take on this journey with us.
If you like watching video game content (on Twitch, YouTube, Twitter, Insta etc), creating video game content and/or are deep in gaming communities (e.g. League, Fortnite, Valorant, Smash, FGC, etc), Metaview would love to connect. And if you aren’t in gaming and always dreamed of it, this could be your chance to begin your career!
We offer competitive compensation, benefits and equity, and are a deeply collegial team.
About the Position
As a Mobile Engineer at Metaview, you will own & contribute to feature development for the Metaview iOS application. Alongside the mobile engineering team, product designer, and head of product, you will prioritize, design, and implement application features while contributing to and integrating with backend services. As the team & product scope grows, you will help to define team culture and improve engineering processes / tools to increase team effectiveness. If you want to take on the challenge of building the next big social video platform in gaming, Metaview is the place to be.
- Develop and deliver features for the Metaview’s iOS application (currently in Alpha), owning & contributing to features through inception, design, implementation, and launch
- Contribute to Metaview's API layer and content recommendation algorithms
- Maintain features in the iOS application, from testing to deployment & crash analytics
- Help to define engineering team culture, processes, and tools
- Work across both technical and business focused teams to deliver a first-class viewing experience
- 2+ years of application development experience on iOS
- Strong proficiency with Swift and the iOS development ecosystem
- Experience launching mobile applications or features, preferably work shipped to a large number of consumer users
- Ability to communicate complicated technical problems to both technical and business audiences
- Self-starter mentality - must be able to effectively work independently and autonomously
- High degree of accountability and sense of ownership
- Experience working with AVPlayer for both video and audio playback
- Familiarity with Firebase / GCP
- Familiarity with the MERN stack - MongoDB, Express, React, and Node
- Experience with streaming technologies, video compression, or mobile video playback
- Familiarity with mobile-first, social platforms - e.g. TikTok, Instagram
- Equity (0.4% - 0.6%)
- Remote working OK
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Flexible PTO
- Your choice of hardware & software to get the job done
- Company-hosted travel to gaming / esports events