(Closed) Mobile Engineer (iOS)
Metaview is a stealth, SF based team building the next-gen, gaming-centric video content platform founded by former Twitch and Xbox leaders. Our founders have extensive experience with esports, content creators and influencer relations, video game development and publishing, and live-streamer technology and tools. Our team has worked on virtually every large scale, content creator product at Twitch as well as major premium gaming content events and esports league (e.g. Overwatch League, League Championship Series).
The company is funded and backed by a multi-billion dollar strategic investor and an exclusive group of executive angels from various current and former leadership ranks of AAA game publishers, talent agencies and multiple content / streaming video services.
Metaview is creating a new way to consume gaming-centric video content, a place for game communities to rally every day, a service made for gamers by gamers. We are taking on a moonshot opportunity, and are looking for exceptional, deeply passionate technologists, gamers, and content creator & esports fans to take on this journey with us.
If you like watching video game content (Twitch, YouTube, Twitter, Insta etc), creating video game content and/or are deep in gaming communities (e.g. League, Fortnite, WoW, FGC, etc), Metaview would love to connect. And if you aren’t in gaming and always dreamed of it, this could be your chance to begin your career!
We offer competitive compensation, benefits and equity, and are a deeply collegial team.
About the Position
As the team’s first Mobile Engineer, you will lead the development of the Metaview iOS application from inception through launch. Alongside the head of product and product designer, you will prioritize, design, and implement initial application features while contributing to and integrating with backend services. As the team & product scope grows, you will help to define team culture and improve engineering processes / tools to increase team effectiveness. If you thrive in fast-paced environments, prefer problem solving in small teams, enjoy continuous iteration, and love gaming / gaming content, Metaview is the place to be.
- Develop and deliver Metaview’s first iOS application, owning features through inception, design, implementation, and launch
- Maintain the iOS application, from coding & testing to deployment & crash analytics
- Help to define engineering team culture, processes, and tools
- Work across both technical and business focused teams to deliver a first-class viewing experience
- 2+ years of application development experience on iOS
- Strong proficiency with Swift and the iOS development ecosystem
- Experience launching mobile applications or features, preferably work shipped to a large number of consumer users
- Ability to communicate complicated technical problems to both technical and business audiences
- Self-starter mentality - must be able to effectively work independently and autonomously
- High degree of accountability and sense of ownership
- Familiarity with Firebase / GCP
- Familiarity with Node and Express
- Experience with streaming technologies, video compression, or mobile video playback
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Flexible PTO
- Your choice of hardware & software to get the job done
- Company-hosted travel to gaming / esports events