(Closed) Digital Video Editor (SF / Remote)
Metaview is a stealth, SF based team building the next-gen, gaming-centric video content platform founded by former Twitch and Xbox leaders. Our founders have extensive experience with esports, content creators and influencer relations, video game development and publishing, and live-streamer technology and tools. Our team has worked on virtually every large scale, content creator product at Twitch as well as major premium gaming content events and esports league (e.g. Overwatch League, League Championship Series). The company is funded and backed by a multi-billion dollar strategic investor and an exclusive group of executive angels from various current and former leadership ranks of AAA game publishers, talent agencies and multiple content / streaming video services.
Metaview is creating a new way to consume gaming-centric video content, a place for game communities to rally every day, a service made for gamers by gamers. We are taking on a moonshot opportunity, and are looking for exceptional, deeply passionate technologists, gamers, and content creator & esports fans to take on this journey with us.
If you like watching video game content (Twitch, YouTube, Twitter, Insta etc), creating video game content and/or are deep in gaming communities (e.g. League, Fortnite, WoW, FGC, etc), Metaview would love to connect. And if you aren’t in gaming and always dreamed of it, this could be your chance to begin your career!
We offer competitive compensation, benefits and equity, and are a deeply collegial team.
About the Position
Metaview is seeking a Digital Video Editor who’s passionate about the video game industry and video content (games, content creators and esports) and is able to capture / reproduce entertaining, short-form moments for platforms like Instagram, Twitter and Tiktok. We are looking for a thoughtful, diligent and creative mind that has experience with video editing, some light copywriting skills and ultimately an ability to share with the world a volume of highly engaging, short-form content moments. You keep up with the gaming and influencer scene and continually experiment for great content moments. This position will be a key Content team member and the Content team is responsible for building and maintaining our content engine.
- Create short-form video assets for content calendars and evergreen catalogue (static images, photography, gifs, short clips, stories etc)
- Build content overlays/templates, formats and pipeline for content that is platform specific and appealing to game community, content creator / influencer and/or esports fans
- Produce and edit 1st party / promotional content for Metaview and its social pages that drives brand awareness and partner engagement
- Understand both Metaview and Partner branding with the ability to tell the stories of personalities, teams, game communities and/or esports
- Key contributor to managing content calendars and publishing across platforms
- Key contributor feedback, iteration and optimization sessions
Qualifications & Requirements
- 2-3+ years of professional video editing experience with digital content preferably for use in SnapChat, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, & TikTok
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop)
- Proficient across Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, Twitch, YouTube and Facebook
- Deep understanding of gaming, esports and/or content creator trends, culture, moments, events, and personalities (e.g. League of Legends, Fortnite, FGC)
- Organized and professional when it comes to time / project management
- High degree of accountability, adaptability and multi-tasking working in a startup environment
- Disclaimer: Weekends and evening work (for gaming events and content) will be required from time-to-time, but we’re an experienced bunch when it comes to travel and events, and we balance workload appropriately depending on the week’s happenings!
Required Application Materials
- Link to portfolio of work
- Cover Letter which should include:
- (i) What strengths do you bring for this role and why do you want it?
- (ii) Your general philosophy / feelings on gaming video content, what works and what doesn’t
- (iii) What types of content are you currently creating
- (iv) What is your favorite content to watch and on what platforms video / social are you watching?
Perks & Stuffs
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Flexible PTO
- Hardware & software to get the job done
- Company-hosted travel to gaming / esports events
- Gaming, fast food & chill nights with the Metaview fam