(Closed) Content Specialist (Part-Time)
Content Specialist (Part-Time)
Metaview is a stealth, SF based team building the next-gen, gaming-centric video content platform founded by former Twitch and Xbox leaders. Our founders have extensive experience with esports, content creators and influencer relations, video game development and publishing, and live-streamer technology and tools. Our team has worked on virtually every large scale, content creator product at Twitch as well as major premium gaming content events and esports league (e.g. Overwatch League, League Championship Series, Twitchcon). The company is funded and backed by an exclusive group of strategics which include former leadership ranks of multiple content / streaming video services, AAA game publishers, and influencer / esports groups.
Metaview is creating a new way to consume gaming-centric video content, a place for game communities to rally every day. We are taking on a big opportunity, and are looking for exceptional, deeply passionate technologists, gamers, and content creator & esports fans to take on this journey with us.
About the Position
Metaview is seeking Content Specialists to help source and curate special video moments in gaming. The ideal candidate is a gaming community member (e.g. League, Valorant, Fortnite, WoW, FGC, etc) that knows content creators, esports events and big game releases/announcements. If you follow gaming content on Twitch, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram and/or Reddit, have catchy copywriting and hashtag skills, and have a keen eye for entertaining moments -- then we’d love to meet you! As key support to our Content team, you’ll be instrumental in helping build a new platform that will share with the world a volume of entertaining gaming moments.
- Learn and gain experience in the video game, social media and content industry and kick-start your career!
- Get paid to watch and curate quality content
- Work remotely (we are Discord and email ninjas)
- Work with a world class team with members from Twitch, Xbox, Microsoft, Professional Gaming, Content Creators and other major digital media companies
- Help build a brand new gaming service!
- Source and curate video content for an assigned game community from MV content team
- Help produce and source creative, engaging and timely content including text (social copy, blogs etc), and visual assets (primarily videos)
- Review content streams and clips (Metaview will provide guidelines and collaborate on curation)
- Catalogue content with 1-line stylized copy and/or appropriate description, captions and tags
- Help create content mixes week over week
Qualifications & Requirements
- High proficiency / active user across the following platforms: Twitch, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube, Reddit, Discord and/or Facebook
- Passion and solid understanding of gaming, esports and/or content creator trends, culture, moments, events, and personalities (e.g. League of Legends, Fortnite, FGC)
- Highly organized, diligent and professional when it comes to project schedules and deadlines
- Familiarity and ability to use basic productivity software suites (G-Suite, Microsoft Office); we use Discord, email and two other easy-to-learn software tools for this specific job
- Bonus Points: good with stylized / funny / fitting commentary and copywriting for social media mediums
Location, Hours & Pay
- Location: Remote
- Hours: project based work, approximately 3 hrs / week; flexible (mostly managed by you), but includes some minimum weekend time commitment; more hours can be available on a case by case basis
- Pay: $50 / week paid bi-weekly
Required Application Materials
- Resume on Hitmarker
- Completion of this form.