The team at Metalhead comes from diverse backgrounds, unified by a passion to make original games. We've supported and inspired each other through the development and evolution of the Super Mega Baseball series and have built a fiercely loyal fanbase in the process. And we get to do it all from downtown Victoria. We're growing the studio and hope you'll consider joining us.
Our twitch-input sports games are viscerally paced, stylized and often satirical – but they are also faithful to the sports they represent. Animation that hits all these notes is a keystone in our creative approach. We’re looking to expand our in-house team with someone who can help us reach the next level with these ideas on our next title. Good in-game animation is a product of cross-disciplinary communication; this position requires being able to work closely with teammates across the gameplay, core technology, and tools teams. A good sense of humor will go a long way here too!
What you'll do:
- Create fun and responsive animations for our stylized sports games.
- Expand our gameplay animation systems and blend trees.
- Work with leads to design fluid workflows for teammates across multiple disciplines.
- Animate cinematic sequences.
- Push and elevate the humor of our characters.
- Retarget animations between differently proportioned skeletons.
Qualities we're looking for:
- Professional experience in game development and animation blending systems.
- Ability to plan and execute work independently.
Bonus points for…
- Experience in cinematic planning and timing.
- Experience working in 3ds Max CAT and/or Motion Builder.
- Experience with motion capture workflows.
Regardless of your specialization, a few things we’re always looking for:
- You love to consume art as much as you love to make it and you continually seek to hone your craft.
- A sense of humility and ability to thrive in a team environment. You look for help when you’re stuck and you want to help your teammates when they need it.
- A knack for managing your time. You know when to go deeper on a task versus recognizing that it’s time to get ‘er done and move on to the next thing. Quality is important, but so is speed!
- A willingness to branch into areas outside your core expertise. It’s just a fact of life in a small studio as we adapt to the changing demands at each stage of a project.
- Drive to execute. Projects you’ve worked on in the past (personal or professional) got finished, and got finished properly… and it had a lot to do with you.
- A sense of humor. At least enough that you can tolerate our dumb jokes.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.