Are you a versatile Game Artist with an ambition to master game art better than anyone? And skilled in creating visually stunning characters, assets, and environments?
If yes, you could be our 3D Game Artist
As a 3D Game Artist at Metacore, you can freely define the best way to create visuals for our games – as long as it respects our company culture. That requires a highly proactive approach to work, from contributing fresh artwork ideas to creating production-grade game art – from concept to completion. In addition to Blender, Maya and 3DS Max, you’ll get to work with supportive, talented and ambitious colleagues who’ll never hesitate to share an extra mile with you. We’re all in this together, and can’t wait to see what you bring along!
In this key role, you would...
- Build on the visual style, design, and overall look of our games, creating visually stunning characters, assets, and environments
- Use ideas as currency and manifest them in a conceptually clear format
- Work on all phases of the art pipeline from concept to 3D to game asset in engine
- Get a good grasp of our current and future projects, and help to ensure that the mark we leave is always top notch
- Feel comfortable working with programmers, community, and everyone else on a tightly knit game team
- Develop 2D and 3D art for mobile games as your trademark
Which requires expertise like...
- Previous project experience in game development and as a game artist, and having worked with and guided externals or outsourcers is a plus
- Ability to work by yourself, creating concept sketches, and sometimes even final renderings and animations
- Flair for creating production grade work, outputting beautiful 3D art and assets
- Proven background using 3D software the likes of Blender, Maya and/or 3DS Max and can tweak your work with Adobe Photoshop
- Knowing your way around Unity, and are used to working with shaders, vfx, and optimising performance
Sounds about right? Then let’s talk!
Although we’re growing fast, our journey has only begun. That means you’ll have a great opportunity – and a great responsibility – in shaping how we go about creating visuals for our games. We’re in this for the long haul, and if you’re ready to play a major role, we hope you join us early on!
Our company is formed by great teams and individuals. Together, we work rather as Metacore than for Metacore – aiming for the same goal of entertaining our audience with world-class mobile games. As Metacore, we’re much more than the sum of our skills, experiences and knowledge.
Metacore is the game company where players are the closest thing to a boss. In other words, our teams and individuals enjoy a lot of freedom and responsibility in their work. Everyone can find the optimal way for reaching their goals – as long as it respects our company culture.