(Closed) Java Backend Developer
META Games is a self-publishing development studio creating mobile games for Esports fans. Our vision is “Live your Esports passion!” – for our players and ourselves. Our mission is to offer fun and authentic mobile games that will be enjoyed by millions of Esports enthusiasts around the globe.
Now we are looking for an experienced backend developer to become part of our core team in Berlin (fixed position). You maintain and update the backend of our mobile game together with our team.
Ideally you have a strong background in the mobile games industry and a passion for esports. Your technical expertise allows you to understand an existing codebase and quickly implement new features in a reliable, maintainable and well-tested way.
- Work with our team of backend engineers to grow, extend and improve our PvP esports management game.
- Implement new features in collaboration with the game design and frontend teams.
- Help us scale our backend to support 100,000+ DAU with minimal response times.
- Help us distribute our backend across AWS regions to improve response times for users on all continents while still allowing cross-region gameplay.
- At least 5 years of experience as a Java developer. Experience with Vertx, Spring Boot and/or Python is a plus.
- Experience with using, tuning and profiling solutions provided by AWS infrastructure to best suit our needs.
- Experience with event driven architectures, especially SQS would be a plus.
- Strong experience planning, building and maintaining complex consumer-facing backend systems.
- Experience with CI/CD methods and practices. Experience running and maintaining a CI/CD system is a plus.
- Experience with using, optimizing, debugging and profiling PostgreSQL. Experience with Redis and other database systems is a plus.
- Strong written and spoken English communication skills.
- Passion for solving difficult problems.
- Experience with Eclipse Vert.x
- Alternatively, experience with similar event-driven or functional-style framework or programming language (Node.js, Tornado, Erlang OTP, etc)
- Experience in the games industry is a plus.
- Interest in Esports is a big plus.
What we offer
- A competitive salary in a well-funded gaming studio, which you still help to shape
- The opportunity to work in the most exciting industries in the world – Esports and Gaming
- The ability to own your work, but to collaborate with a knowledgeable and enthusiastic team.
- To apply please send your resume and cover letter to the attached email.