(Closed) Grizz Gaming Scout
The Memphis Grizzlies are passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. As part of a global sports and media business, the Memphis Grizzlies wants to ensure the NBA 2K League exemplifies the celebration of excellence in basketball and in esports. The purpose of the Grizz Gaming Scout is to identify the best players available in the NBA 2K League Draft Pool and to provide ongoing support to the players and general manager as preparation takes place for season games.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify high potential players by watching NBA 2K League Draft Combine footage; study Grizz games from NBA 2K League to assist with identifying strength and weaknesses; and assist with composing the Draft list.
- Scout NBA 2K League opponents and assist Grizz Gaming players prepare each week for competition.
- Engage with other gamers internally and externally to understand playstyle, interpersonal communications and identify how they can improve their game.
- Represent Grizz Gaming online within the 2K and 2K League communities.
- Provide feedback to the Grizz Gaming General Manager on gameplay, player interactions, and how that translates into game wins.
- Support Grizz Gaming in various other capacities as needed.
Required Skills, Experience and Abilities Essential:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Five years or more experience playing 2K and interfacing within the 2K community.
- Proficiency in computing and Microsoft applications.
- Strong social media skills and positive phone demeanor required.
- Must have a substantial presence within the 2K community.
- Deep familiarity with the 2K community and players in the pro-am circuit.
- Proficient at playing 2K with understanding of game modes, strategies, and rules.
- Be able to watch/monitor virtual games on the 2K pro-am circuit.
- Flexibility to work on-site or travel as required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.