The Graphic Designer supports the Memphis Grizzlies, Memphis Hustle, FedExForum and eSports visual presence in the marketplace, in-arena, and in-broadcast. Key responsibilities include the creation of marketing, digital, community, media, sales, promotional, editorial, and informational materials, graphic design and layout, direction and production of collateral and publication materials for team business and basketball departments.
- Design and build a wide variety and high volume of cross-platform materials efficiently, including but not limited to digital, in-arena, in-broadcast, printed and other end executions as needed.
- Must take responsibility for fulfilling creative project direction, goals and requirements as set by the client and as assigned by the department head.
- Expected to help shape new and work within existing creative direction, and follows Grizzlies, Hustle, FedExForum, and Grizz Gaming graphic standards and brand guidelines.
- Assist in and drive the design of logos, graphics, maps, and various other illustrative artwork with strong capabilities in photo manipulation;
- Facilitate project communication with both clients, senior management and vendors, from initial drafts to internal sign-off, through requests for quotations, third party approvals, production proofs and job delivery.
- Help lead file management: archiving, manipulating and distributing Grizzlies, FedExForum, Hustle and Grizz Gaming photography, identity and design files according to Grizzlies, NBA and other guidelines.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree from University, college or art institute, or equivalent professional work experience.
- Two years or more of practice experience in graphic design and motion.
- Strong graphic design and production skills, experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, After Effects); interactive experience, Daktronics scripting via Ross Dashboard, and knowledge of Show Control is a plus.
- Flexibility in handling a variety of assignments with changing priorities and parameters.
- Strong typesetting and page layout skills.
- Strong grammatical, spelling, proofreading, and writing abilities a must.
- Fluent in creation of interactive PDF files.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently under pressure.
- Independent, creative problem-solver.
- Highly organized, motivated and responsible with good time and project management abilities.
- Willingness and ability to understand, support and contribute to the Grizzlies’ overall business objectives.
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills and a strong customer service orientation.
- Ability and willingness to work evenings, weekend or holidays as needed.
- Graphic design degree or diploma from an accredited art/technical college preferred.
- Knowledge and passion of NBA Basketball.