Academy Manager (Rocket League)
We are Melon Patch Gaming and The Melon Patch Content Team and have been established since July 28, 2020 but have a history that goes much farther back.
On our Esports Division we host an Academy competing in Rocket League and Apex Legends with the goal of housing 4 teams each. We currently also compete at the semi-pro level of Rocket League with current expansion into Apex Legends underway.
Reports to Academy Director. Manages all Rocket League Academy Teams. Ensures teams have competitive opportunities to grow and keep teams active.
This position is based remotely (anywhere).
- Responsible for the management of all Academy teams
- Handles recruitment and onboarding with assistance of team managers for all Academy Teams
- Responsible for research and implementation of new league and tournament opportunities
- Organize and participate in events to build community and boost brand awareness
- Coordinate with Social Media, Management and Graphics Team to ensure proper posting of announcements
- Works closely with Academy director to make improvements in the training of players
- Works closely with academy director to expand Rocket League related training programs
- Assists academy director in coaching recruitment and management
- Monitors individual players and coaches to learn their needs on and off field.
- All in all helps to make MPG a place where players, coaches, and members can stay long term to learn, grow, and reach their goals in esports.
- History of success in leadership roles
- Passion and drive for eSports
- Knowledge and experience in Rocket League is a plus
- The want to help players grow and learn
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Mediation/mental health knowledge is a plus
- Creative thinker
The Academy is a place where members can reach their goals and have ACTIVE support on their journey. You can be the next step in their success, and we can be the next step in yours!