Senior Developer (Unity)
We’re a mobile gaming company that is dedicated to meeting the needs of our customers and have been rethinking, redesigning and reinventing the way people play for over a decade. Working here, you will be able to plug into our capabilities as a fully-fledged mobile-game development studio. MegaZebra has a ten-year track-record developing and publishing our own games. So, you get the best of both worlds by working here.
Our credo is pretty simple : do great things, and do them together. We’re led by a group of smart, committed individuals and united by our commitment to create meaningful experiences for our players. We develop all our games in small, diverse, and vibrant teams, where everyone’s input is valued. At MegaZebra, we’re all empowered to do great work - and this is where you come in.
- Develop new exciting games (iOS, Android). The games have mass-market appeal and the potential to be break-out worldwide hits.
- Work with game-designers to take game-design concepts into technical concepts and technical architecture.
- Develop features for games, which will include gameplay features, as well as platform related features such as payment, notifications, communication, and networking.
- Develop multiple features, from gameplay to deeper system-related tasks, depending on your interests and skill set.
- 5+ years game development experience using the Unity game engine for iOS and Android
- Proficiency in C#.
- Must be proactive, able to work independently (half of our team being in a different timezone), and organized
- Proficient written, verbal communication and analytical skills
- We work on our games in small teams, so being a team player is essential
- Familiarity brainstorming a variety of solutions for technical challenges with others
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, and willingness to help debug difficult issues
- Experienced in at least one other language, e.g. C++, Objective-C, Java, AS3 (an asset)
- Experience with MVC, MVP or MVVM patterns (an asset)
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL, preferably MySQL (an asset)
- MegaZebra is a place where you can grow and accelerate your career.
- Work in a highly creative environment with a super-flat hierarchy
- Join our office in Montréal. Work with a very experienced and talented group of game-designers and developers at our centrally located office.
- Experience start-up spirit and the ability to have significant impact, where you’ll get to be a trailblazer in the mobile game industry.
- Health benefits & competitive salary
- Flexible vacation policy & paid time off for the winter holidays
If working and playing with a bunch of clever and adorable goofballs (and a few dogs!) sounds amusing, get in touch and let us know what you’d bring to the table. Bonus points if you can tell us a trivial fact about zebras that we didn’t already know.