Freelance Senior 3D Animator (m/f/d)
At MegaZebra we have successfully crafted category-leading games for more than 10 years. We develop our own original titles, and develop games based on “Hollywood”-IP such as Desperate Housewives - The Game. By combining technology, game-design, art, analytics, and bringing together passionate people from around the globe we have repeatedly been able to produce hit games. We are based in Munich/Germany and Montréal/Canada.
We develop all our games in small and vibrant teams. Each team has a high degree of responsibility and creative freedom for their game and is committed to creating something outstanding. For our studio in Montreal, we are now looking for an experienced 3D Animator.
- Work closely with the Art Director and all members of the art team
- Main responsibility for character animation
- Additionally responsible for creating innovative 3D game art assets, characters, locations and prop designs in a unique, stylized art style
- Collaboration with game designers, artists, programmers and QA specialists in the team to produce some kickass games!
- Several years of experience creating for casual and/or mobile games
- Extensive knowledge in Maya 3D with strong character animation skills
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Suite (mainly Photoshop), After Effects is bonus
- Knowledge of Unity3D is a plus
- Knowledge in Zbrush
- 2D conceptual drawing and painting skills are a plus
- Ability of texturing
- Passionate for mobile games expressed by high creativity in designing and modelling
- Ability to animate 3D characters and particle FX
- Strong comprehension of design, perspective, color and composition
- Experience working in an agile project environment
- Proactive and able to express and share creative ideas
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Open-minded, flexible, self-motivated, driven to improve and grow
- Excellent English language skills
- Become part of the company which develops category-leading, casual games on mobile and social platforms
- Work in a highly creative environment with a super-flat hierarchy
- Work with a very experienced and talented group of artists and developers at our centrally located office. Experience start-up spirit and the ability to have significant impact
- At the same time, you will be able to plug into our capabilities as a fully-fledged video-game development studio. MegaZebra has a ten-year track-record developing and publishing our own games. So, you get the best of both worlds
If you’re a game changer and would like to join MegaZebra, please apply in English with your current CV, a cover letter and your portfolio.