Tonic Games Group brings together a family of world-class developers and publishers who believe that games are for everyone. More than 300 people strong; we bring together Mediatonic, Fortitude Games and The Irregular Corporation to create original IP and to invest in independent game developers globally. We continue to build on our ambitions and projects, as such we are looking to hire a UI Animator to join Mediatonic.
Mediatonic is one of the UK’s largest independent games developers which delights in connecting people through original, mass-multiplayer game experiences and breaking the mould with weird and wonderful games across every platform.
As a UI Animator within the UI Team, your primary role is to create-and-iterate on game animation for UI, Menus and all GUI elements, sometimes including some Character & VFX animation. You will ensure your pre-vis UI animations - as well as your final-quality game assets - meet the needs of the game’s art direction and that the assets are technically prepared for implementation into game. You will also track your time and report your progress/risks/issues daily, or at the point of identification.
- As a UI Animator your primary role is to produce the UI animations and motion graphics assets that help the Art Leads, Creative Director and Studio Art Director realise their vision.
- You will provide pre-viz UI animations and build to final in-game production quality animations.
- Work closely with the UX, design and UI artists to create and refine the look and feel of the user interface.
- You are creatively flexible, adapting styles as necessary, typically during the exploratory stages of pre-production and when moving between projects.
- Maintain an open dialogue with technical artists to ensure all animations retain app performance requirements.
- You will be required to create, and quality assure that in-game assets and animations adhere to technical briefs. You will track your time and report your progress/risks/ issues daily, or at the point of identification.
- Ideally, at least three years' experience in the video games industry working on animation/motion graphics UI.
- Shipped at least one mobile game showing animation/motion graphics UI work
- A strong portfolio/show reel showing your UI pre-viz animations to final UI animations with bonus points awarded for VFX/character examples.
- Excellent knowledge of the Adobe Suite as well as experience using the Unity Engine.
- An exceptional eye for detail and quality, and a willingness to learn new tools and techniques.
- A passion for playing and developing video games!
Are you interested in joining a business who strive to create moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years? Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal appeal to you?
As a creative business, we recognise that creativity is best inspired by different experiences and perspectives and we strive to create a culture of belonging, where all our colleagues feel welcome and diversity is celebrated. As we push towards ever more ambitious and high quality titles, we are looking for the finest talent in the industry to come and join us on our quest.
We not only offer you the chance to work with fantastic teams, on awesome and inspiring projects, we also offer competitive salaries, flexible working hours including up to 3 x remote days weekly and private health care.
How to apply & really impress us
As a people first company, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd. Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to a full interview. If you are applying for a creative role, remember a portfolio is essential. For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why you believe you’re the right person to take on this job. We look forward to hearing from you.
We receive heaploads of applications, and while we do our best to respond, we can't always guarantee this.