Technical Producer - Fall Guys
We are looking for a Technical Producer to join Mediatonic.
Mediatonic is the game developer behind Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout and a new member of the Epic Games family. We’re aiming to build "the Greatest Gameshow on Earth" as part of our mission to connect people through massively-multiplayer game experiences.
We take pride in crafting original titles that bring people together. Our quest is to create joyful experiences that are open to all by investing in the ideas, technologies, and people that can bring our vision to life.
We’re looking for fantastic people to join our world-class team to help grow Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout into an entertainment platform and to nurture the other equally ambitious titles we’re dreaming up.
Our breakout hit Fall Guys is a large team and can be considered in three parts. Feature and content development, live response and tooling, and Core Tech/systems support. In this role, you will be joining the core-tech team. You will be responsible for working closely with engineers and QA to support the core systems that make Fall Guys tick, supporting additional platforms, releases, and the entire technical pipeline.
- Manage a technical-focused team to support the backbone systems of Fall Guys
- Tie together requirements from multi-disciplinary teams and stakeholders, help build a plan to address them, and follow through to completion
- Balance budget, time, and resources to ensure regular releases that meet the quality bar demanded by a high profile title
- Help evolve the schedule, ensure deadlines are met, address or escalate where this is not possible
- Participate in Live Ops issues triage, driving resolution for them, and communication to stakeholders
- Clear and regular communication of progress to all stakeholders including the MT executive team and external partners
- Participate in screening and recruitment to scale up the team
We are looking for a well-organized Technical Producer to be a part of our Core Tech group on Fall Guys.
An ideal candidate is a person who blends a technical background with recent experience as a hands-on producer, being responsible for delivering products as part of a medium-size or larger team.
- Experience shipping products in a hands-on production role
- Technical expertise, preferably in-game development but equivalent experience in other industries is also fine
- Managed a medium to large engineering team, whether as a Producer or Lead Engineer / Engineering Manager
- Good knowledge of PM tools like JIRA/Azure DevOps/Hansoft
- Excellent communication skills and ability to multitask across multiple project streams
- Strong leadership skills
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience with Unity and/or Unreal game development
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of the challenges that go into Console/AAA title development
- Shipped a large AAA title in a hands-on production role
Want to Work for us?
Are you interested in joining a business that strives to create moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years? Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards a common goal appeal to you?
As a creative business, we recognize that creativity is best inspired by different experiences and perspectives and we strive to create a culture of belonging, where all our colleagues feel welcome and diversity is celebrated. As we push towards ever more ambitious and high-quality titles, we are looking for the finest talent in the industry to come and join us on our quest.
We not only offer you the chance to work with fantastic teams, on awesome and inspiring projects, we also offer competitive salaries, flexible working hours including up to 3 x remote days weekly, and private health care.
How to apply & really impress us
As a people-first company, our biggest priority is to hire the right person.
A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd.
Successful applicants will usually have a phone chat before being invited to a full interview and in some cases a panel interview with colleagues across Mediatonic & Epic. We look forward to hearing from you!
We receive heap loads of applications, and while we do our best to respond, we can't always guarantee this.