(Closed) Senior QA Tester
Tonic Games Group brings together a family of world-class developers and publishers who believe that games are for everyone. More than 300 people strong; we bring together Mediatonic, Fortitude Games and The Irregular Corporation to create original IP and to invest in independent game developers globally.
We continue to build on our ambitions and projects, as such we are looking to hire a Lead Games Programmer to join
our mobile team.
Mediatonic is one of the UK’s largest independent games developers which delights in connecting people through original, mass-multiplayer game experiences and breaking the mould with weird and wonderful games across every platform.
Embedded amongst our development teams, members of our QA teams are responsible for helping to test our games, from inception to release and beyond! You’ll help ensure that our games are of the highest quality possible before we release them to players around the world!
From mobile platforms, through to the current generation of consoles, and new technologies, you'll be working closely with senior team members, and trained in quality assurance techniques to help test games in a variety of different stages of their life cycles.
Mediatonic are looking for an experienced Senior QA candidate to join them in their new Madrid studio for a mobile focused project.
Working with the Lead QA and Production team, you’ll be responsible for managing the more junior members of the team’s day to day activities and communicating feature health to Project leads and stakeholders. Of course you’ll also be expected to be hands on testing the title yourself, using your expertise to search for those really pesky bugs!
- Experience working closely with Principle QAs, Production, and other team members to build the best darn quality game we can.
- Excellent verbal, and written communication skills.
- Strong IT literacy, and experience using a variety of bug databases.
- Ability to log bugs to a high standard, with appropriate logging information, and media, whilst clearly demonstrating the issue.
- Has worked to mentor more junior team members, and is able to organise, and set work for them using your resources efficiently
- Can create great test plans for upcoming, and in-flight features.
- 3+ years of QA testing experience within video games.
- Experience creating reports, and extrapolating data to show bug fixing trends.
- May have more technical areas of expertise around network, compliance or localisation testing.
- A strong understanding of software quality assurance practices and agile workflows.
- Self-driven, problem-solver with demonstrable critical thinking skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to effectively communicate with the development team.
Are you interested in creating moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years?
Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal of making great games appeal to you?
Did we mention our out of control but totally cool sticker obsession?
How To Apply & Really Impress Us
As a people first studio, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd.
Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to an interview at Mediatonic. If you are applying for a creative role, remember a portfolio is essential. For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why you believe you’re the right person to take on this job.
We receive heaploads of applications, and while we do our best to respond, we can't always guarantee this.