Senior QA Tester
Fortitude is a new studio based in Guildford, UK, dedicated to building innovative and creative games.
By spring-boarding from parent company Mediatonic’s wealth of experience and connections, we’re growing quickly and pouring heart and soul into developing exciting titles that provide players with surprising, polished and high-quality experiences that are able to cut through a crowded marketplace.
We are looking to hire highly-motivated and talented individuals with the passion and skills to deliver premium-quality games from day one, while growing as part of a small team working with original properties and highly-acclaimed IPs to create a world-class games studio.
An embedded Senior QA’s job role is to support and assist the Principal QA while overseeing the project-level management of a title’s quality and stability throughout pre-production, production and post-global stages of development. Working closely with the Principle QA and Production team, you’ll also be responsible for
- Managing the more junior members of the team’s day to day activities.
- Communicating feature health and stability to project leads and stakeholders for several large features.
- Provide accurate reporting on the state of features or platforms on a regular basis.
- Use Database tools to provide at-a-glance reporting of stability and bug estimates to Production and Stakeholders.
- Creating, reviewing and maintaining test plans for features and platforms based on analysis of Specs, Game Design Documents and other communication with Developers.
- Ensuring Test Plans are run on a timely basis to accurately reflect the stability and completeness of features
- Foster a great working relationship with all disciplines (Code, Art, Server and Production).
- Be proactive with identifying and raising high-risk features or areas at a planning level to ensure a robust approach to QA throughout the development cycle.Managing external QA teams and their workload.
- Of course you’ll expected to be hands on, testing the title yourself, using your expertise to search for those really pesky bugs!
- A strong knowledge of Quality Assurance methodologies and best practices.
- Experience working closely with the Principle QAs and Production and other team members to build the best darn quality game we can.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong IT literacy and experience using a variety of bug databases
- Ability to log bugs to a very high standard, with appropriate logging information and media, whilst clearly demonstrating the core intent of the issue.
- Has worked to mentor more junior and external team members and able to organise and set work for them using your resources efficiently.
- Can create great test plans for upcoming and in-flight features.
- 3+ years of QA testing experience within video games.
- Experience working within a multi-discipline development environment as part of an embedded QA team.
- Experience creating reports and extrapolating data to show bug fixing trends.
- Knowledge in more technical areas of expertise around network, compliance or localisation testing.
- A strong understanding of software quality assurance practices and agile workflows.
- Self-driven, problem-solver with demonstrable critical thinking skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to effectively communicate with the development team
Are you interested in creating moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years?
Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal of making great games appeal to you?
Did we mention our out of control but totally cool sticker obsession?
We have a range of benefits at Mediatonic, including private medical care, a healthy pension scheme as well as gym discounts, childcare vouchers and free breakfast.
How to apply & really impress us
As a people first studio, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd.
Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to an interview at Mediatonic. If you are applying for a creative role, remember a portfolio is essential. For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why you believe you’re the right person to take on this job.
We receive heaploads of applications, and while we do our best to respond, we can't always guarantee this.