Senior Producer (IP)
Tonic Games Group brings together a family of world-class developers and publishers who believe that games are for everyone. More than 300 people strong; we bring together Mediatonic, Fortitude Games and The Irregular Corporation to create original IP and to invest in independent game developers globally.
We continue to build on our ambitions and projects, as such we are looking to hire a Senior Producer to join The Irregular Corporation.
Inspired by the different passions of players across the world, The Irregular Corporation is a global publisher of unique and engaging games with a focus on supporting independent developers to help realise the full potential of their game.
We’re a remote working organisation, so you can work from anywhere. We use instant messaging, video calls and documentation to communicate, and we all get together in London once a quarter (frequency may change).
As a group, we take pride in crafting games that challenge and inspire us and we invest in technology that will keep us at the forefront of the industry. We hire experts to take on the biggest creative and technical challenges we can get our hands on and we invest in our people for the long term.
We’re looking for a Senior Producer who will be responsible for all-things production in the owned IP area of our business. You’ll be playing a key role in the company, working closely with key stakeholders and external development partners to plan, adapt and execute production schedules across multiple prototypes and projects.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Production Schedules: Creating, maintaining and adapting game development schedules to keep them on track for their release window.
- Product Ownership: Being the primary contact for both external developers and internal team members on multiple aspects of our games and prototypes, including:
- Managing prototypes to quickly iterate on and assess new ideas.
- Taking successful prototypes forward into full production.
- Bringing those full production titles to market at the very highest quality.
- Risk Management: Highlighting and mitigating any project risks you discover to keep the schedule intact.
- Milestone Reviews: Providing detailed reviews on milestone deliverables to external partners and key internal stakeholders.
- Communication: Managing communication on project status with key internal stakeholders.
- Budgeting: Tracking project spend and making sure it aligns with agreed project budgets.
We are looking for a studio or publishing side producer with full project life-cycle experience (5yrs+) producing 3D video games to a high standard, on PC or console.
You will be:
- Experienced in managing the production of prototypes, preferably with external dev teams.
- An experienced project and people manager, with a track record of leading, inspiring and motivating internal teams and external development partners.
- Beyond organised, with a proven system for capturing, prioritising and executing tasks across multiple projects.
- The best communicator with an eye for detail and an incredible ability to multi-task.
- Self-motivated and able to work remotely with a high degree of independence.
- Passionate about our games!
- High level of technical knowledge regarding how 3D games are made.
- Understanding of what constitutes a great quality bar in video games, across all aspects of a project including engineering, design, UX/UI and art.
- Experience outsourcing projects to external studios, and managing that process.
- Experience managing prototypes - working closely with development teams to iterate quickly and effectively within a limited scope.
- Business acumen – an understanding of what makes good partnerships work.
- Experience producing and releasing games on console, including Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft platforms.
- Experience managing QA and localisation as part of video game production.
- Experience managing budgets across multiple, complex projects.
- Great written and spoken English.
Want to Work for us?
Are you interested in joining a business who strive to create moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years? Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal appeal to you?
As a creative business, we recognise that creativity is best inspired by different experiences and perspectives and we strive to create a culture of belonging, where all our colleagues feel welcome and diversity is celebrated. As we push towards ever more ambitious and high quality titles, we are looking for the finest talent in the industry to come and join us on our quest.
We not only offer you the chance to work with fantastic teams, on awesome and inspiring projects, we also offer competitive salaries and private health care.
How to apply & really impress us?
As a people first company, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd.
Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to a full interview. If you are applying for a creative role, remember a portfolio is essential. For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why you believe you’re the right person to take on this job. We look forward to hearing from you.