Senior 3D Technical Artist
Tonic Games Group brings together a family of world-class developers and publishers who believe that games are for everyone. More than 300 people strong; we bring together Mediatonic, Fortitude Games and The Irregular Corporation to create original IP and to invest in independent game developers globally. We continue to build on our ambitions and projects, as such we are looking to hire a Senior 3D Technical Artist to join Mediatonic.
Mediatonic is one of the UK’s largest independent games developers which delights in connecting people through original, mass-multiplayer game experiences and breaking the mould with weird and wonderful games across every platform.
We are looking for a collaborative problem solver who can lead the way bridging the art and engineering disciplines on our exciting 3D game project. You will be key in ensuring effective technical solutions are in place to realise the project’s artistic ambitions.
- Work closely with the Project Leads and Engineering team planning and developing visual features for 3D games.
- Help coordinate across disciplines to develop visually outstanding content
- Work with the studio Technical Art and Workflow Tools Team to ensure all projects are using a consistent, efficient, scalable CG pipeline.
- You will also assist Art Direction in researching/developing techniques that ensure Mediatonic are visually competitive.
- Define standards and guidelines and support Junior Technical Artists and the art team.
- You will be required to quality check in-game assets to ensure they adhere to technical briefs.
- Provide status updates and reports to stakeholders both internal and external.
- Professional experience in the animation, games or CG industry
- Strong knowledge of Unity, C#
- Scripting experience with C++ and Python, particularly for DCC packages such as Maya and Substance
- Knowledge of shader programming, animation, performance and optimisation
- Exceptional eye for detail and quality
- Strong communication skills
Are you interested in joining a business who strive to create moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years? Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal appeal to you?
As a creative business, we recognise that creativity is best inspired by different experiences and perspectives and we strive to create a culture of belonging, where all our colleagues feel welcome and diversity is celebrated. As we push towards ever more ambitious and high quality titles, we are looking for the finest talent in the industry to come and join us on our quest.
We not only offer you the chance to work with fantastic teams, on awesome and inspiring projects, we also offer competitive salaries, flexible working hours including up to 3 x remote days weekly and private healthcare.
How to apply & really impress us
As a people first company, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd. Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to a full interview. If you are applying for a creative role, remember a portfolio is essential. For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why you believe you’re the right person to take on this job. We look forward to hearing from you.
We receive heaploads of applications, and while we do our best to respond, we can't always guarantee this.