Release Manager - Fall Guys
Tonic Games Group brings together a family of world-class developers and publishers who believe that games are for everyone. More than 300 people strong; we bring together Mediatonic, Fortitude Games and The Irregular Corporation to create original IP and to invest in independent game developers globally.
We continue to build on our ambitions and projects, as such we are looking to hire a Release Manager to handle the regular release of Fall Guys across multiple platforms.
Mediatonic is one of the UK’s largest independent games developers which delights in connecting people through original, mass-multiplayer game experiences and breaking the mould with weird and wonderful games across every platform.
Our break-out hit, Fall Guys is a large team with multiple parts. We are looking for our first Release Manager to help bring all of these pieces together to support our regular release cadence. In this role you will be responsible for speaking to the various parts of the development team, external developers and liaising with platform holders to ensure smooth, high quality releases on a regular basis; as well as hot fixes when things don’t quite go according to plan.
- Maintains the release schedule for Fall Guys and ensure alignment across internal teams, key partners and vendors
- Acting as the liaison between platform holders and the development team, coordinating and negotiating development plans, exceptions and releases
- Supported by a team of expert QA, responsible for the ingestion of builds into the certification tools
- Working closely with QA, Engineers and Designers to ensure the coordinated update of back-end services and content to support the release of new builds
- Being the gatekeeper for releases, pro-actively ensuring they uphold the Fall Guys quality bar and evolving processes to ensure they are repeatable
- Working with QA Lead to establish and maintain bug triage process, determine and prioritize must fix issues for release and work with appropriate team members to ensure bug fixes happen as planned
- Coordinating internal release notes, known issues, and knowledge base updates, communicating these to the relevant internal teams
- Ensuring releases have passed all required checks and approvals leading up to live deployment and effectively communicate approved exceptions to all necessary parties
- Working closely with Live Ops team to coordinate and publish frequent builds, hotfixes, and patches
- Manage risks and escalate issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
- Conduct Release Readiness reviews
- Weekly Release Reporting
We are looking for a Release Manager with experience of large multi-platform, live, console projects. Excellent communication skills, being able to communicate upwards, downwards and represent Mediatonic externally, are essential as well as a thorough understanding of development and QA.
- Experience of multiple releases on large console titles, ideally across multiple platforms
- A good knowledge of the ingestion systems and certification tools used by the large platform holders
- A thorough understanding of QA and build delivery
- A strong working experience of one or more task tracking tool (e.g. ADO, Jira or Hansoft)
- The ability to have a high level view but an attention to detail where required
- Ability to work well under pressure and to frequent, tight deadlines
- Able to work effectively in a team
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
Want to Work for us?
Are you interested in joining a business who strive to create moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years? Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal appeal to you?
As a creative business, we recognise that creativity is best inspired by different experiences and perspectives and we strive to create a culture of belonging, where all our colleagues feel welcome and diversity is celebrated. As we push towards ever more ambitious and high quality titles, we are looking for the finest talent in the industry to come and join us on our quest.
We not only offer you the chance to work with fantastic teams, on awesome and inspiring projects, we also offer competitive salaries, flexible working hours including up to 3 x remote days weekly and private health care.
How to apply & really impress us
As a people first company, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd. Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to a full interview. If you are applying for a creative role, remember a portfolio is essential. For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why you believe you’re the right person to take on this job. We look forward to hearing from you.