QA Technician (Fall Guys)
Tonic Games Group brings together a family of world-class developers and publishers who believe that games are for everyone. More than 300 people strong; we bring together Mediatonic, Fortitude Games and The Irregular Corporation to create original IP and to invest in independent game developers globally.
Mediatonic is one of the UK’s largest independent games developers which delights in connecting people through original, mass-multiplayer game experiences and breaking the mould with weird and wonderful games across every platform.
As a group, we take pride in crafting games that challenge and inspire us and we invest in technology that will keep us at the forefront of the industry. We hire experts to take on the biggest creative and technical challenges we can get our hands on and we invest in our people for the long term.
Embedded amongst our development team, members of our QA team are responsible for helping to test our games, from inception to release and beyond! You’ll help ensure that our games are of the highest quality possible before we release them to players around the world! Become a part of the Fall Guys family and help us bring the game to multiple new and exciting platforms. You'll be working closely with a large team across many disciplines to help bring exciting and new content to the millions of players who are enjoying Fall Guys.
- Working in conjunction with more Senior QA, you will be primarily responsible for performing functional testing against the game’s features
- Running and reporting on test cases and sessions in an efficient and diligent manner
- Performing, and tracking exploratory test sessions
- Entering bugs into the database that are of high quality, ensuring that reproduction steps and logs are correctly documented
- Having clear and regular communication with the wider team, including external partners
- Instruction of more junior team members
We are looking for someone who has at least 1 year of QA testing experience, ideally within video games, as well as a basic understanding of software quality assurance practices, and agile workflows.
- A proven ability for teamwork, strong interpersonal skills, and a positive attitude
- Attention to detail, and critical thinking skills
- Strong IT literacy
- A passion for Games! Be able to talk about them for hours!
- Experience working with multiple different platforms
- Experience working closely with external QA vendors
Want to Work for us?
Are you interested in joining a business who strive to create moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years? Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal appeal to you?
As a creative business, we recognise that creativity is best inspired by different experiences and perspectives and we strive to create a culture of belonging, where all our colleagues feel welcome and diversity is celebrated. As we push towards ever more ambitious and high quality titles, we are looking for the finest talent in the industry to come and join us on our quest.
We not only offer you the chance to work with fantastic teams, on awesome and inspiring projects, we also offer competitive salaries, flexible working hours including upto 3 x remote days weekly and private health care.
How to apply & really impress us As a people first company, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd. Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to a full interview. If you are applying for a creative role, remember a portfolio is essential. For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why you believe you’re the right person to take on this job. We look forward to hearing from you.