Level Design Internship
JOIN OUR TEAM
Mediatonic is a team of over 300 exceptionally talented and seriously hardworking people. We devote our careers to crafting awesome original games in the hopes of bringing a little more joy into the world.
As a creative business, we recognise that creativity is best inspired by different experiences and perspectives. We strive to create a culture of belonging, where all our colleagues feel welcome, supported and diversity is celebrated. We passionately believe that games are for everyone, whether we’re playing or creating them.
Level Design Internship - MediaTonic
Mediatonic is the game developer behind Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout and a new member of the Epic Games family. We take pride in crafting original massively-multiplayer titles that bring people together, creating joyful, accessible, experiences by investing in the ideas, technologies, and people that can bring our vision to life.
We’re looking for talented Level Design interns to join our world-class team, where you’ll play a key role in creating new and iconic rounds and experiences that will continue to grow Fall Guys into “The Greatest Gameshow on Earth”.
No previous games-industry experience is necessary for this position, but due to the technical nature and focus of the work, being able to point to personal hobby or educational projects that show familiarity with Unity and level-design will be highly valued.
More than anything, we’re looking for someone with passion and potential for what they do and where they want to eventually be – and someone that we’re excited to help support through their early steps in the industry!
- Pitching design ideas in line with briefs provided by senior designers.
- Creating diagrams to communicate design intent.
- Using project-specific tools to greybox layouts, adding event triggers, or tweaking behaviour trees where relevant.
- Playtesting, tweaking, and balancing rounds according to framework provided by senior designers.
- Helping to improve round creation/management tools by highlighting areas of inefficiency and suggesting improvements.
- Growing your understanding of game design, allowing you to articulately talk about the project and give insightful feedback.
- Level design projects, a portfolio showcasing your work is required
- Level creation experience in a 3D engine, preferably Unity
- An understanding of level design fundamentals
- The ability to work openly with the team and other disciplines
- Passionate game-player and Fall Guys enthusiast
This will be a paid internship for 2022, with a flexible start date. The intern will be able to work remotely within the United Kingdom. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic Internships, visit our website.