Full Stack Engineer - Web Tooling
JOIN OUR TEAM
Mediatonic is a team of over 300 exceptionally talented and seriously hardworking people. We devote our careers to crafting awesome original games in the hopes of bringing a little more joy into the world.
As a creative business, we recognise that creativity is best inspired by different experiences and perspectives. We strive to create a culture of belonging, where all our colleagues feel welcome, supported and diversity is celebrated. We passionately believe that games are for everyone, whether we’re playing or creating them.
Web Tooling- Fall Guys
What We Do
We are looking for a Senior Fullstack Engineer to join Mediatonic.
Mediatonic is the game developer behind Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout and a new member of the Epic Games family. We’re aiming to build "the Greatest Gameshow on Earth" as part of our mission to connect people through massively-multiplayer game experiences.
We take pride in crafting original titles that bring people together. Our quest is to create joyful experiences that are open to all by investing in the ideas, technologies and people that can bring our vision to life.
We’re looking for fantastic people to join our world-class team to help grow Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout into an entertainment platform and to nurture the other equally ambitious titles we’re dreaming up.
What You'll Do
We’re looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer to join our Web Tooling team. Perhaps you’ve been building websites, CRM systems, e-Commerce systems, and you’re looking for your next challenge?
This is a role for somebody who is excited to join and help us shape a relatively new team!
As a Full Stack engineer on the Web Tooling team you’ll take ownership of tools which help us deliver new content to millions of players - with a primary focus on the tooling which helps us diagnose and resolve the issues which our players are experiencing.
You’ll work closely with your Engineering Manager to deliver value to both our development team and customer support team. You’ll keep on top of best practises - perhaps you have opinions where React is better than Angular, or how to manage complex components. You’re not afraid to dive into web APIs - or to add your own APIs when you can’t get hold of the data you need.
What We're Looking For
- You are:
- An excellent communicator
- An excellent team player
- A positive and happy voice in a team
- Familiar with modern web technology; Angular or React
- You have demonstrable experience in:
- Building and delivering features for business-critical web applications
- CI / CD (Jenkins or similar)
- Source control
- Automated testing
- You have passions or interests in:
- Front-end development - our tooling currently uses Angular, but it would be up to you to drive it’s future
- Maintainable software - you care deeply about the quality of the work you produce
Remaining Skills Needed
- AWS, Azure
- Docker or Kubernetes
- Monitoring (Grafana, ElasticSearch)
- An understanding of the techniques used for building high performance, scalable software
- CDNs such as AWS CloudFront, Cloudflare, Fastly or Akamai
- Proficiency in C# or other popular object-oriented languages commonly used for back-end APIs (our back-end APIs are written in C#)