(Closed) Senior Programmer - Search
Senior Programmer - Search
As a senior programmer at Media Molecule, you will be part of the server team focused on building innovative online services, looking to enable the world to create their own unique gaming experiences. Collaborating with Artists, Designers and Tech, you will constantly be using your experience and passion for developing compelling player experiences to help expand the ambition of Dreams.
What you'll be doing:
- Design, develop and support high performance online services with an initial focus on
- Work closely with Design to improve upon and scale new and existing social features.
- Improve and iterate on low level networking systems.
- Complete profiling, performance analysis and performance tuning to ensure server and
game performance goals are met.
- Work closely with other Programmers, Production, Analytics and QA to ensure code
shipped is high quality.
- Assist with the deployment of new servers and monitor their operations after launch.
- Strong knowledge of C and C++.
- Strong knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Understanding of distributed systems.
- Able to work effectively with varied scripting languages.
- Excellent debugging and analytical skills.
- Team player with good communication skills.
- Knowledge of scalable cloud server architectures.
- Knowledge of common computer networking protocols.
- Knowledge of network security.
- Experience working in Windows/Linux environments.
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Interest in games.