Senior Graphics Programmer
We are seeking an experienced and talented Senior Graphics Programmer to help us continue to improve and expand the graphical capabilities of Dreams.
We are looking for someone with a passion for novel rendering technology, to understand the vision of the artists and designers, and help shape the future of the custom game engine that powers Dreams to meet that vision, on both current and next gen console platforms.
What you'll be doing
- Collaborate with members of multiple disciplines to investigate and implement new rendering techniques to make Dreams more expressive and feature-rich
- Produce systems that are efficient, scalable and easy to maintain
- Communicate ideas, goals and constraints with team members of multiple disciplines
- Maintain and improve the novel rendering systems and creation tools of Dreams
- Monitor and optimise GPU performance
- 2+ years of experience as a graphics programmer
- Expertise in C++ and shading languages
- Excellent knowledge of 3D maths and algorithms related to computer graphics
- Very good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Good knowledge of modern GPU architectures and low-level programming in compute
- Good knowledge of one or more rendering APIs such as DirectX, OpenGL/Vulkan or GNM.
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
This is a permanent position.
Before you apply
People of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives are encouraged to apply. Media Molecule is committed to creating an inclusive and safe work environment that reflects the diversity of the world around us. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Tips for getting hired!
Words are not enough! We need to see what you make: a portfolio, showreel, demo…send us a curated selection of your work that shows just the pieces you’re most proud of. Don’t be afraid to show us your personal work alongside your professional projects… just make sure we have your best creations to look at. We’re certainly excited to see portfolios made in Dreams as well.
Be yourself. We are a studio that encourages our team think creatively, to play with new technology and jam on individual ideas. We love seeing the personality of everyone at Media Molecule reflected in Dreams and so it’s YOU and YOUR STYLE that we are interested in learning about.
Embrace collaboration. Dreams is a very collaborative project and Media Molecule loves a game jam, so we need team members that can work well together – sometimes across departments that don’t traditionally overlap. Maybe you already work on a team, or manage a guild or play in a band – we’d love to hear how you get on collaborating with others.
Go for it. Media Molecule is filled with people with all sorts of previous experiences – straight from university, from jobs outside the industry, from AAA studios and indie ones, etc. We are after people who fit the roles we are hiring for not a specific number of years in the industry. Some roles benefit from certain experience, of course, but otherwise we are very open. We make creative games, and creativity is something we all enjoy. If you are interested then please apply – and don’t forget that portfolio!
What you get
On top of all the things we already mentioned, you’ll also get to be part of a talented, diverse team of people, get a tip top benefits package, including private health and life insurance, income protection and all that jazz, a competitive salary, a winning bonus scheme, a personal development fund, being a name and not a number, free lunches, organic fruit, and really comfy chairs. Our main studio is based in Guildford, and we now also have a small office in Brighton.
If the all of those job requirements seem to be describing you, and you like the sound of working at Media Molecule, then you should apply at once!