As a QA Tester, you will be embedded within the development team and will be responsible for testing the game and subsequent updates before release, so the game contains as few bugs as possible.
What you'll be doing
- You will work directly with developers to test features and provide qualitative feedback
- You will write reports and communicate issues/quality risks directly to stakeholders
- You are responsible for providing first line support to developers, both internal and external
- You will be a champion of quality and will ensure that our products are shipped to the highest standards
- You will provide comprehensive performance reports to stakeholders on the current state of the game using our reporting tools.
- You will develop and maintain Test Plans and Test Cases.
- You will investigate and report issues from our community and report them in JIRA.
- Some experience shipping at least one AAA title in a QA role within an internal development team will be advantageous.
- You have proven ability for bug finding, communication, reporting skills and working under pressure
- You have experience providing front line support
- You have excellent analytical, problem identification and solving skills
- You are an excellent communicator with a high standard of written, oral and interpersonal skills
- You must have excellent attention to detail, maintaining diligence and focus for extended periods
- You are knowledgeable in the different stages of a project’s development and different development methodologies
- You are experienced with a variety of test tools including bug databases like Jira, and test case management systems such as Test Rail.
- You are experienced in writing reports and analysing data
This is a permanent position.
Before you apply
People of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives are encouraged to apply. Media Molecule is committed to creating an inclusive and safe work environment that reflects the diversity of the world around us. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Tips for getting hired!
Words are not enough! We need to see what you make: a portfolio, showreel, demo…send us a curated selection of your work that shows just the pieces you’re most proud of. Don’t be afraid to show us your personal work alongside your professional projects… just make sure we have your best creations to look at. We’re certainly excited to see portfolios made in Dreams as well.
Be yourself. We are a studio that encourages our team think creatively, to play with new technology and jam on individual ideas. We love seeing the personality of everyone at Media Molecule reflected in Dreams and so it’s YOU and YOUR STYLE that we are interested in learning about.
Embrace collaboration. Dreams is a very collaborative project and Media Molecule loves a game jam, so we need team members that can work well together – sometimes across departments that don’t traditionally overlap. Maybe you already work on a team, or manage a guild or play in a band – we’d love to hear how you get on collaborating with others.
Go for it. Media Molecule is filled with people with all sorts of previous experiences – straight from university, from jobs outside the industry, from AAA studios and indie ones, etc. We are after people who fit the roles we are hiring for not a specific number of years in the industry. Some roles benefit from certain experience, of course, but otherwise we are very open. We make creative games, and creativity is something we all enjoy. If you are interested then please apply – and don’t forget that portfolio!
What you get
On top of all the things we already mentioned, you’ll also get to be part of a talented, diverse team of people, get a tip top benefits package, including private health and life insurance, income protection and all that jazz, a competitive salary, a winning bonus scheme, a personal development fund, being a name and not a number, free lunches, organic fruit, and really comfy chairs. Our main studio is based in Guildford, and we now also have a small office in Brighton.
If the all of those job requirements seem to be describing you, and you like the sound of working at Media Molecule, then you should apply at once!