(Closed) QA Tester
As a QA Tester, you will be embedded within the development team and will be responsible for testing a wide range of game features and systems across multiple disciplines.
What you will do / your responsibilities:
- Work very closely with developers working on new server technologies, engine features and developer tools.
- You will be responsible for helping deploy and maintain current and future server environments.
- Helping give early testing and support for new engine and game features and assisting in their roll out across the game team.
- You will investigate and report issues from our community and report them back to development.
- You have excellent analytical, problem identification and solving skills.
- Able to understand complex problems and concepts and break these down for testing.
- Ability to test software early in the development cycle through to completion and aid in delivery to the rest of the team.
- Able to prioritise workload and raising workload issues when required as early as possible.
This is a permanent position.
Before you apply
People of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives are encouraged to apply. Media Molecule is committed to creating an inclusive and safe work environment that reflects the diversity of the world around us. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Tips for getting hired!
Words are not enough!
We need to see what you make: a portfolio, showreel, demo...send us a curated selection of your work that shows just the pieces you're most proud of. Don't be afraid to show us your personal work alongside your professional projects... just make sure we have your best creations to look at. We're certainly excited to see portfolios made in Dreams as well.
We are a studio that encourages our team think creatively, to play with new technology and jam on individual ideas. We love seeing the personality of everyone at Media Molecule reflected in Dreams and so it's YOU and YOUR STYLE that we are interested in learning about.
Dreams is a very collaborative project and Media Molecule loves a game jam, so we need team members that can work well together - sometimes across departments that don't traditionally overlap. Maybe you already work on a team, or manage a guild or play in a band - we'd love to hear how you get on collaborating with others.
Go for it.
Media Molecule is filled with people with all sorts of previous experiences - straight from university, from jobs outside the industry, from AAA studios and indie ones, etc. We are after people who fit the roles we are hiring for not a specific number of years in the industry. Some roles benefit from certain experience, of course, but otherwise we are very open. We make creative games, and creativity is something we all enjoy. If you are interested then please apply - and don't forget that portfolio!
What you get
On top of all the things we already mentioned, you'll also get to be part of a talented, diverse team of people, get a tip top benefits package, including private health and life insurance, income protection and all that jazz, a competitive salary, a winning bonus scheme, a personal development fund, being a name and not a number, free lunches, organic fruit, and really comfy chairs. Our main studio is based in Guildford, and we now also have a small office in Brighton.
If the all of those job requirements seem to be describing you, and you like the sound of working at Media Molecule, then you should apply at once!