Programmer - Server Metagame
As a programmer at Media Molecule, you will be part of the server team where you will focus on building online metagame experiences in collaboration with client-side teams. Working with Artists, Designers and Tech, you will constantly be using your experience and passion for developing compelling player experiences to help expand the vision of Dreams.
What you'll be doing:
- Work closely with cross discipline client-side teams to improve upon and scale new and existing social metagame features.
- Design, develop and support high performance online services with a focus on metagame and monetisation.
- Improve and iterate on low level networking systems.
- Complete profiling, performance analysis and performance tuning to ensure server and game performance goals are met.
- Work closely with other Programmers, Production, Analytics and QA to ensure code shipped is high quality.
- Assist with the deployment of new servers and monitor their operations after launch.
- Strong knowledge of both C and C++.
- Strong knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Understanding of distributed systems.
- Able to work effectively with varied scripting languages.
- Excellent debugging and analytical skills.
- Team player with good communication skills.
- Knowledge of scalable cloud server architectures.
- Knowledge of common computer networking protocols.
- Knowledge of network security.
- Interest in games.
- Experience working in Windows/Linux environments.
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.