Production Dept Lead
We are looking for someone to join our leadership team to be part of the next chapter of Media Molecule in pushing creative gaming boundaries.
The Production Dept Lead will use the right blend of creative, technical and management experience to lead the Studios production discipline to deliver the creative and commercial vision of projects with a AAA quality bar whilst maintaining a happy & productive team.
We are looking for someone with experience in either running the Production on a AAA title, or a “big in scope” successful indie game on a team that is 100+ or someone who has experience working on UGC games projects. The key here is – 100+ team, high quality delivery, complexity that innovation brings, proven development and people management skills.
Having a creative spirit, sense of humour, and many tools in your production toolbelt is a must. Experience in communication, leadership and best practice production process, using these to problem solve and ensure that the production team can continue to build innovative products in a collaborative methodology.
What you'll be doing
- You will be responsible for delivering on the creative and commercial goals for the projects.
- You will be responsible for delivering the Production roadmap, maintaining the agreed budget, and resource plans
- You will work consult with your Senor Production team and directly with the Studio Director to agree the production approach for the game title(s)
- You will be responsible for setting out the budget, and quarterly updates
- You will be responsible for reporting Production status into the Studio Leadership team
- You will head the team’s production department, managing the team, their ideas and building consensus and passion in its direction
- You will provide active and on-going communication regarding the state of the production team, and review staffing plans regularly and proactively in relation to the current project phase and objectives
- You will manage the production and test teams holding regular 121s, setting objectives, looking after the team’s welfare and providing mentoring
- You will actively be involved in delivering performance reviews for the production team
- You are an excellent Producer with a track record delivering quality products as a Lead Producer.
- You will have experience managing an effective production team.
- You are an excellent people person, with the ability to read the health of the team (including identifying any training & development needs or team structure changes)
- You possess the ability to conceptualise a creative vision and establish quality benchmarks for the team
- You are highly organised and can juggle multiple priorities & deliveries
- You have an in-depth understanding of all production processes
- You show good emotional intelligence and empathy in your approach to management
- You show good judgement and reach conclusions and propose decisions – while offering positive and constructive feedback
- You will have a proven track record of proactive risk management, problem solving, working in collaboration with other discipline leads (art, animation, audio, and engineers)
- You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in AAA, Live Service, MMO / Online Game play a plus
- Sense of humour!
This is a permanent position.
Before you apply
People of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives are encouraged to apply. Media Molecule is committed to creating an inclusive and safe work environment that reflects the diversity of the world around us. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Tips for getting hired!
Words are not enough! We need to see what you make: a portfolio, showreel, demo…send us a curated selection of your work that shows just the pieces you’re most proud of. Don’t be afraid to show us your personal work alongside your professional projects… just make sure we have your best creations to look at. We’re certainly excited to see portfolios made in Dreams as well.
Be yourself. We are a studio that encourages our team think creatively, to play with new technology and jam on individual ideas. We love seeing the personality of everyone at Media Molecule reflected in Dreams and so it’s YOU and YOUR STYLE that we are interested in learning about.
Embrace collaboration. Dreams is a very collaborative project and Media Molecule loves a game jam, so we need team members that can work well together – sometimes across departments that don’t traditionally overlap. Maybe you already work on a team, or manage a guild or play in a band – we’d love to hear how you get on collaborating with others.
Go for it. Media Molecule is filled with people with all sorts of previous experiences – straight from university, from jobs outside the industry, from AAA studios and indie ones, etc. We are after people who fit the roles we are hiring for not a specific number of years in the industry. Some roles benefit from certain experience, of course, but otherwise we are very open. We make creative games, and creativity is something we all enjoy. If you are interested then please apply – and don’t forget that portfolio!
What you get
On top of all the things we already mentioned, you’ll also get to be part of a talented, diverse team of people, get a tip top benefits package, including private health and life insurance, income protection and all that jazz, a competitive salary, a winning bonus scheme, a personal development fund, being a name and not a number, free lunches, organic fruit, and really comfy chairs. Our main studio is based in Guildford, and we now also have a small office in Brighton.
If the all of those job requirements seem to be describing you, and you like the sound of working at Media Molecule, then you should apply at once!