Live Systems Designer
We are looking for a talented Systems Designer to join our Design team creating the systems that underpin our live experiences in Dreams. With a passion for untangling gnarly systems into elegant and super usable designs, we want you to help translate the vision of Dreams into a top social and creative experience that can be used by everyone!
You will be working with an empowered team who inspires and challenges one another in a respectful and safe environment to achieve maximum results. We are looking for someone to collaborate with and complement our design team to continuously push the boundaries of Dreams and how our community engages with it.
This is an exciting time to be joining Dreams as we’re only just beginning our journey and are growing the team to match our ambitious vision.
- As a systems design expert, you will work across many of Dreams’ live service
systems, including social, metagame and functional game systems to support and
encourage our growing user base of both players and creators
- Collaborating closely with producers, engineers and UX experts, you will design
systems that bring players & creators together in a fun and positive way; and that
keep them returning week after week
- With an eye for detail, you will identify problems early and offer solutions, whilst
always representing the needs of the end user
- Working with analytics, you will hone and balance the experience according to
telemetry for maximum engagement and positive community sentiment
- You will document and communicate changes as necessary in a clear and
- You will put forward innovative ideas to improve existing systems or suggest new
ones based on user trends and research in collaboration with the design and
You will have...
- A deep level of understanding and passion for working with game systems, from
social to metagame to UX
- Shipped or worked on at least one AAA game with full development cycle
experience, from pitching to prototyping, to launch and beyond. Experience of
working on a live game is a plus
- Be used to working in multi-disciplinary game teams and happy to get stuck in at
- Ability to adapt your working style, whether it’s working closely with production to
identify dependencies and scheduling of work or iterating and solving problems
creatively and effectively with our developers.
- Proactively keep up-to-date with the leading game systems and features in the
- The ability to self- motivate and thrive in an agile environment
- A knack for seeing opportunities to re-use existing systems for different purposes
and a curiosity to understand and demystify systems generally
- We value ideas & creativity! You will have the opportunity to put your concepts into
the game and test them out with our active community in our live game
This is a broad role that will appeal to problem solvers who enjoy thinking about
psychology, metagame, UX and social systems designs as well as the ability to
communicate brilliantly with both producers and engineers.