Media Molecule is a video game development studio based in Guildford in the UK, and a proud member of the PlayStation Worldwide Studios. We are the creators of the multi-award winning games LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2, Tearaway, Tearaway Unfolded and we're currently building the next generation of Play, Create and Share for PlayStation 4: Dreams.
We have exciting goals for the future, and as a result we are now growing our awesome team, fast! We are hiring talented engineers at all levels, so if you would like to be part of a collaborative, creatively ambitious team, please do get in touch.
Location: Our studio in Guildford or remote (able to work within the same timezone as the UK via video conferencing due to the need for close real-time collaboration).
About us: It’s an exciting time to be part of Media Molecule as we look to further push the creative boundaries of gaming and we are passionate about making games with creative gameplay. Our studio is fast paced, dynamic, collaborative and is undergoing a period of significant growth and evolution!
Role: We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative individual, to join our engine team to help us maintain and improve the rendering systems of Dreams. We hope to find someone eager to collaborate with members of multiple disciplines to investigate and implement new rendering techniques to make Dreams more expressive and feature-rich.
Level: Senior or above
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good working knowledge of C++ accompanied by solid debugging and analytical skills.
- Excellent grasp of mathematical concepts and analysis techniques as they apply to game engine programming.
- Deep familiarity with hardware details of multiple game platforms, their associated capabilities and performance bottlenecks.
- Excellent knowledge of modern GPU architectures and low-level programming.
- Able to work independently to complete assigned projects with limited supervision.
- Detailed working knowledge of one or more modern rendering APIs such as DirectX 12, Vulkan or GNM.
- Experience with multi-threaded programming and experience optimising code for varied architectures.
- Up to date knowledge of relevant technological developments and advancements within the games industry.
- Experience with cross platform development techniques.
- Experience developing and refactoring code in a live service environment.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Media Molecule is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity.