(Closed) Partnership Manager, Pro Gaming
Note: This position is only for current pros/semi-pros, previous pros/semi-pros, current coaches, or previous coaches of pro teams participating in the highest tier league(s) in tier 1, 2, or 3 esports.
Only applications that reference how you meet the gaming requirements will be reviewed.
Medal.tv is one of the fastest-growing consumer applications in gaming, backed by some of the same VCs as Discord and Supercell. Our users capture and share millions of videos every week. We have an aggressive roadmap ahead and things move quickly.
What you'll be doing
We are heavily focusing on driving up viewership on the platform and entering new markets, which are better if professional players are creating content on the platform consistently. We have millions of gamers on Medal who upload content and view clips, including pros.
You will be responsible for setting up a partnership program on Medal, specifically tailored towards making pros successful on Medal, and then reaching into your own network, as well as ours, to recruit as many as possible to participate in this new wave of content creation in games.
As a team, we favor progress, learning, and speed, over perfection.
- Have a detailed understanding of the games industry
- Current or previous pros only. Coaches are also welcome to apply.
- Deep network in the professional scene - as a rule of thumb, you should have plenty of connections who will check out something you build for them, because they trust you have their best intentions at heart
Additionally, you need to
- Enjoy dogfooding what you are working on to understand the ins, outs and value of the Medal platform
- High degree of analytical and problem-solving skills — not only being good at it, but genuinely enjoying it!
- Prioritize tasks and manage your time effectively
- Work effectively with minimal supervision
- Be entrepreneurial, and be team player, with an enthusiasm for early-stage startups and high speed
- Experience with Discord, Twitch, and/or YouTube
- Deep knowledge of non-western markets, such as Asia
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Full Medical for employee and two dependents
- Full Dental and Vision for employee and all dependents
- Paid parental leave: 20 weeks for primary caregiver and 12 weeks for secondary
- Unlimited PTO (4+ weeks standard)
- Team retreats
- A flexible, laid back office environment
- All the fun and frolics that come with working at a gaming company
WHAT YOU'LL HAVE TO DO NOW
We hope to hear from you! When you apply, please make sure to include:
- Links to relevant work/games/championships you’ve done or been a part of creating (e.g. a portfolio), and a description of your contributions
- Links to any online profiles (Github, LinkedIn, Twitch,Twitter, etc)
- A description of your professional experience (resume, LinkedIn profile, cover letter, or similar)
As a heads up, our typical recruitment process is:
- Phone screening
- Up to 4 interviews with different team members
- Reference checks
- Offer 🎉
If you made it all the way here, include “gg” in your note and we will give you a virtual high-five when we talk!