(Closed) iOS Engineer
Medal.tv is one of the fastest-growing consumer applications in gaming! Our users capture and share millions of videos every week, and connect with one another around their shared gaming experiences.
We are an international fully remote team, where everyone works autonomously with the expectations that you can be available for team syncs in the same core hours (9:00 am and 12:00 pm PST). The exact times and days vary per team.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
You will join our small iOS team to work on the native Swift Medal app. The iOS engineers currently cover time zones from CET to EST, and we use a mixture of Slack, PR reviews, and pairing software to coordinate during those hours. Our approach to code is forward-looking but pragmatic, so we use SwiftUI in production alongside custom UIKit components, we love SPM and Combine, but we also make use of external SDKs where necessary.
We are looking for someone that can take on big features alone, come up with architecture or performance improvements that make a tangible difference to our users, keep on top of analytics as the product evolves, and of course chip away at bugs. As part of a young start-up, this is an opportunity to help define the hard problems you'll end up working on.
We are building a world-class iOS team with diversified skills and backgrounds and we're excited to find our next engineer to help grow native mobile at Medal.
As a team, we favor progress, learning, and speed, over perfection.
- This is not a junior position - you must have significant real-world experience working autonomously in an iOS engineering team
- Deep UIKit, Foundation, and Swift knowledge
- Experience shipping a widely-used iOS native app
- Practiced at using analytics, testing, user feedback, bug, and crash reports to inform app development
- Experience using REST APIs and working with backend teams to accomplish product goals
- Reactive programming experience
- You read and write well and can communicate and collaborate both synchronously and asynchronously
- A love for gaming, however, you'd define that!
- Experience with other Apple technologies - Objective-C, iPadOS, macOS...
- Using SwiftUI in production
- Working with video on mobile (performance, encoding, AVFoundation etc.)
- Maintenance of CI systems – Github Actions a plus
- Xcode, Swift, Tuple, Github Actions, Github Issues, Postman, Clubhouse, Figma
WHAT YOU'LL HAVE TO DO NOW
We hope to hear from you! When you apply, please make sure to include:
- Links to apps you’ve released/portfolio, and a description of your contributions
- Links to any online profiles (Github, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc)
- A description of your professional experience (resume, LinkedIn profile, cover letter, or similar)
As a heads up, our typical process is:
- Phone screening
- Up to four interviews with different team members
- Reference checks
- Offer 🎉
- Fully remote work environment
- Unlimited PTO (4+ weeks standard)
- Home office budget
- Team gatherings once we can travel again
- Paid parental leave: 20 weeks for primary caregiver and 12 weeks for secondary
- Full Medical for employee and two dependents (US employees only)
- Full Dental and Vision for employee and all dependents (US employees only)
- 401K (US employees only)
- All the fun and frolics that come with working for a gaming company
If you made it all the way here, include “gg” in your note and we will give you a virtual high-five when we talk!