Senior Art Director
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
Senior Art Director | Maxis
At Maxis, we excel at outrageous thinking. It’s the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We’re trailblazers and great storytellers. But it’s not just about amazing your peers – it’s about amazing yourself and our fans. Take risks. Work with dazzling minds and dare to dream big. Together, we can change the way millions play every day. The Sims 4 has an extremely unique player base, with 60% of our audience being women between the ages of 18-24. We are looking for someone with deep insights on how to create the best experience for our players.
- You'll collaborate and develop a cohesive aesthetic vision for our new project
- Present and promote the visual experience to all levels
- Team up with art, tech, design and production leadership to accomplish important milestones
- Extend the game's aesthetic vision beyond core game visuals to cohesively support the player experience, live services and market considerations
- Take advantage of technical constraints to produce stunning results on every platform
- Create and promote style guides and high-level documentation
- Nurture the growth and well-being of the art team
- Train artists to accomplish style guide goals and iterate to improve results, pipelines and processes
- Develop partnerships with external outsourcing partners to ensure assets hit style, timeliness, technical and quality targets
- Assemble our requirements for the product and create a content plan that supports them
- Align with partners in the prioritization required to hit sprints and milestones
- Develop art team production best practices in collaboration with development directors
- You'll report to and work with the studio art director
- Skilled CG artist with 10 years experience in game development and at least one shipped title as a video game art director
- Titles shipped on multiple platforms, including mobile and HD formats.
- An understanding of all aspects of contemporary 3D game development: concept art, character modeling, prop modeling, environment modeling, lighting, animation, visual effects and user interface design.
- Experienced at establishing art vision and guidelines
- Accomplished in leading and inspiring teams of artists and in delivering relevant and timely feedback as the team executes through pre-production, production and as a evolving live service
- Experienced in working with team partners to create a content plan and backlog and a developing a hiring ramp and timeline required to implement
- Experience getting ready and working with external development partners
- Problem-solving and prototyping ability
- Sense of composition, lighting, form and palette
- Deep, demonstrated passion for game development and game art
- Experience in platforms that use user generated content
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.