Quality Designer (The Sims)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
Quality Designer - Maxis Embedded QV Team
Are you interested in joining Maxis, and in being part of an established & experienced team? We are hiring a Quality Designer for the Sims 4! This is an opportunity to join a veteran team and work on one of the most storied franchises in gaming history.
Quality Designers are individual contributors specialized in domains of the QV process (Quality Verification). You will embed within the Development organization, improving QV practices across the team, sharing knowledge, and owning an important piece of or the entire test plan.
Quality Designer's collect, analyze and use data to guide their daily decisions. Essential items to focus on include: balance and tuning, features and systems, customer data, processes and workflows, the proper selection of metrics to use, and how to analyze/combine data.
- Your primary responsibility is end-to-end ownership of feature quality strategy.
- You will partner with senior development, production, design and QV team members to ensure that we create high-quality features from both a functional and qualitative perspective.
- You will guide feature quality by analyzing internal development & live player data, feature completing testing strategies and conducting design reviews.
- You can expect to partner with production to continuously improve feature quality through establishing feedback processes and explaining applicable suggestions on how the features could be improved for our players.
- You will be an important advocate for our "Player First" strategy, and that advocacy will inform decisions you make every day.
- You value understanding the end-to-end customer experience and can translate that into test strategies for a product or a feature.
- You will be a mentor to local and remote test teams to help them find solutions to complex problems and grow their capabilities as feature owners and testers.
- You will provide valuable input to the management team as you help set goals for the team and your QV peers.
- You will identify risks to the feature and overall project as early as possible, partnering with the development and other partner teams to help determine mitigation strategies.
- You have an advanced understanding of the importance of metrics and analytics, can use them when doing research and providing feedback priority.
- You can propose and enact solutions to development process problems.
- You can concisely report progress, current status and risks to your features through regular email or face-to-face communication with peers, managers and partners across the organization.
- You will work directly with QV Engineering and Data Analyst team members to provide a comprehensive picture of your feature's testing status and development progress, considering both automation and data visualizations.
- You will partner with engineers to apply automation and tools to improve the QA process, and are testing ROI to stakeholders.
- Once you develop an understanding of the game's features and systems, you can establish telemetry to provide valuable insights to the testing and development teams.
- You are comfortable sharing domain knowledge within the team; you find anything within EA that may aid in your job execution.
- You provide task breakdowns, planning, dependencies and time estimates for your assignments.
- You can break down a design document and produce an organized and easily maintainable test strategy that can be understood and run with remote partners.
- You have experience with all phases of game development from concept to live support across multiple titles
- You have experience developing on multiple platforms, including PC, Mac, Playstation, and Xbox. Mobile experience is highly desired for this role.
- In-depth knowledge of AAA software/game development best practices, including experience working with both agile and waterfall methodologies
- Your experience and technical ability to author scripts and debug gameplay logic using proprietary or commercial game engines
- You hold experience compiling data points spanning multiple sources into a cohesive, consumable, and summary to senior team members
- Advanced ability to use industry-standard defect and task tracking tools, such as JIRA, DevTrack, TestRail, and Hansoft
- Experience using game development tools to enhance white and gray-box testing strategies
- An understanding of industry-standard CI/CD pipelines, including familiarity with Perforce, Jenkins, and other build delivery tools
- Experience working with and defining requirements for engineers to develop automation solutions and other tools to enhance test strategies
- An ability to interpret and use data visualizations to provide applicable insights to development teams to reduce risk
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.