Live Services Game Design Director - The SIMS
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
Live Services Design Director-The Sims
At Maxis, we excel at outrageous thinking. It's the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We're creators and great storytellers. Our mission is not just about amazing our peers – it's about amazing our fans. Taking risks. Working with each other. Daring to dream big. Together, we can improve the way millions play every day.
As a Live Services Design Director for The Sims 4, you'll work with a large (but tight-knit) team of enthusiastic industry craftspeople from all walks of life. Your job will be to use your passion, knowledge, and leadership to inspire creativity, provide and communicate vision, and create incredible experiences that surprise and delight millions of gamers around the world.
You will report to the Studio Creative Director.
- Champion the Live Services creative direction for The Sims on an ongoing basis, inspiring the team through progressive creative design and leadership.
- Oversee design vision and implementation, working directly with designers, producers, programmers, artists, and development.
- Work with leadership to establish the creative direction for our Live Services.
- Understand new trends driving player expectations and behaviors.
- Sensitivity to mass-market appeal, and the ability to create new experiences within it.
- Partner with consumer insights to break down and understand the underlying motivations, and then driving solutions to problems and opportunities.
- Understand how user-generated content and experiences are shaping products in the market.
- Track and communicate progress and resolution of problems with the ability to set guidelines for peers and external support groups.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to peers and junior design staff, help them resolve complex problems, and growing their careers.
- 5+ years experience leading game teams and defining game design and narrative direction.
- 5+ years experience designing, launching, monitoring, and evolving a live service.
- Experience creating simulation and life experiences that surprise and delight players
- Experience creating social experiences that bring players together in new ways
- Welcome feedback and criticism, and enjoy working in a collaborative, iterative, and agile process.
- Organized, and can break down complex problems into consumable pieces for others.
- Experience working with research departments to establish tests and interpret data to improve the design.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.