Requisition Number: 167095
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
At Maxis, we thrive on outrageous thinking.
It’s the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We’re creators and great storytellers. Our mission is not just about amazing our peers – it’s about amazing our fans. Taking risks, collaborating with each other and daring to dream big. Together, we can improve the way millions play every day.
As a Designer on The Sims, you’ll work with a team of enthusiastic industry craftspeople from all walks of life. You will use your passion and knowledge to design and implement player-first experiences that surprise, delight, and invite millions of Simmers around the world to Play with Life.
- Design and own features from concept to completion.
- Establish player experience goals for designs, implement and tune features to meet those goals.
- Improve designs based on play test feedback, game metrics, team input and community feedback.
- Think creatively using the tools and time available to build unique and fun experiences for players.
- Think about the future when implementing content, resulting in smartly scripted scalable systems and good design patterns and practices.
- Collaborate with all team disciplines, including artists, animators, modelers, engineers, quality assurance, and producers to get support from the team and guide a project from initial design to final production.
- Advocate for the design vision and get the team excited to work on it.
- Balance your design vision with input from your peers to find practical solutions that achieve the intended player experience.
- Become an expert on the game and our community, drawing from our large, varied player base and our past games to make and defend intelligent design choices going forward.
- Help establish best practices for the team and improve process and efficiency.
- Adopt and become proficient in new or proprietary development tools to implement and debug your work.
- Provide feedback to other designers.
- Live Services experience highly recommended.
- Excellent creative skills with experience creating detailed design documentation and maintaining it throughout a project life cycle
- Excellent iterative design approach and thinking..
- Design and implementation experience with game features that focus on open-ended player creativity.
- Experience with games in The Sims PC franchise and other simulation games.
- Effective at working both autonomously and in groups of different profiles.
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for gaming: playing, deconstructing and creating.
- Shipped a AAA HD title or has worked in Live Services.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- Comfortable with Visio, JIRA, online collaboration suites such as Confluence
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.