(Closed) Associate Development Manager
Term: 12 months
At Maxis, we thrive on outrageous thinking. It is the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We are innovators and great storytellers. But it is not just about amazing your peers – it is about amazing yourself. Take risks. Collaborate with brilliant minds and dare to dream big. Together, we can change the way millions play every day.
What an Associate Development Manager does at Maxis:
An Associate Development Manager (ADM) is responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of game features on time and within budget. The ADM oversees the project schedule and manages the team to deliver to a high standard. The team an ADM manages can be multi-discipline, ranging from artists, designers, software engineers, QA, and other production staff. The ADM partners closely with other Developer Managers, Producers and Craft Directors to drive the development team from one project phase to the next while ensuring a strong focus on quality, collaboration, and communication.
- Partners with Production and discipline leaders to manage project scope and quality.
- Evaluates and advises on resource requirements needed to meet project goals.
- Works with discipline leaders to define best practices and processes: Ensures all workflow is clearly defined, processes are documented, and staff trained in expectations on the workflow.
- Focuses on the immediate team, identifies team issues and facilitates solutions related to execution goals.
- Anticipates bottlenecks and proposes mitigation plans that balance the business needs with team health.
- Identifies task-related processes to improve efficiency.
- Tracks and implements project improvement plans to drive team efficiency.
- Facilitates stand-ups, planning and other sprint related functions
- Tracks team progress and provides regular status reporting and capacity plan updates.
- Mentors individual contributors within the project team
- Manages career development of direct reports, ensures all reports have professional development plans, and conducts regular one-on-ones.
- Minimum of 2 years of project management or team leadership experience and a minimum of 2 years in software development environment. Experience in game development is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience in any number of related fields including Game Production/Development, Business, Visual Arts, Computer Science etc.
- Excellent knowledge of software production life cycle, tools, processes, and execution planning.
- Experience in a Scrum / Agile software development environment. Scrum Master Certification is desired.
- Experience with project management/tracking tools such as Jira and ShotGrid (formerly Shotgun).
- Proficient with Excel, PowerPoint, Perforce, and Visio
- Demonstrated experience in working with broad cross-functional teams.
- Strong negotiation, mediation, and conflict resolution skills
- Effective communication skills across all levels of an organization.
- People management experience is preferred.
Our Global Benefits package is not included for this particular role.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.