Freelance Video Editor
Maximum Games is a top 20 global video game publisher, and is consistently one of the fastest growing, making the Inc. 5000, SF Business Times’ Fast 100, and Deloitte Tech Fast 500 lists for the past five years in a row. Modus Games is a new label of Maximum Games focused on bringing AAA publishing services to the best independent developers around the world. The Modus label leverages our global resources and expertise to ensure each title is critically and commercially successful.
We are currently searching for a freelance Video Editor.
This position is freelance in a remote role on a per-project basis.
- 3-5 years of experience as a video editor
- Advanced use of Adobe Premiere Pro
- Intermediate use of Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Advanced knowledge of technical aspects of video (codecs, bit rates, frame rates, etc.)
- Work on editing projects collaboratively online
- Export multiple versions of the same video for different channels with different specs
- Follow ESRB age rating guidelines in detail to ensure we do not receive violations
- Localize videos for international audiences (adding subtitles, translating graphic titles, etc.)
- Keep good data hygiene/organization
We’re looking for someone who:
Is familiar with the video game industry
- Can tell what video game footage would look compelling to a gamer
- Familiarity with video game marketing content
Has a good ear for music/background in music & audio
- Ability to search through massive libraries of royalty-free music and find the appropriate track
- Ability to edit music with proper musical execution in such a way to ensure listener/viewer is not distracted by the music edit
- Ability to create effective sound design in conjunction with music
Can communicate through video
- Storytelling, including meta-stories for montage style videos
- Marketing messages integrated into video
Can create tasteful motion graphics to support videos
- Title cards, video end slates, lower thirds, and more
***Interested parties should submit their updated portfolio/website information.
Additional Information: All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.