Community & Influencer Relations Manager
Founded in 2009, Maximum Games is a global top 20 video game publisher and distributor led by Christina Seelye, a seasoned executive of consumer products and go-to-market strategies. Maximum Games has received numerous accolades, in addition to being listed on Inc. Magazine’s “Inc. 5000” list of Fastest Growing Private Companies five years in a row.
Modus Games is a label of Maximum Games focused on bringing AAA publishing services to the best independent developers around the world. The Modus label leverages our global resources and expertise to ensure each title is critically and commercially successful.
Modus Studios is a cross-platform development company specializing in first-party game development and technical support services. The first team to join Modus Studios operates out of Brasília, Brazil and have created original IPs, as well as providing co-development, testing, programming, and engineering to other talented developers around the world. The company is continually on the lookout for other entities to add to its group of development teams.
As an innovative video game publisher, we encourage employees to set aside corporate attire and mindset in favor of entrepreneurism, strategic thinking and just enough process-orientation to be effective in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. The company values productive fun and invites team members to leverage their skills and abilities for company and personal success.
Modus Games/Maximum Games (MG) is currently seeking a Community & Influencer Relations Manager to represent the MG brand and its varied games. We are looking for a video game enthusiast who is passionate about building gaming communities and experienced in managing influencers and influencer agencies, as well as community/social media agencies. This individual will be responsible for engaging and growing our social channels across a variety of titles, as well as building and overseeing content creator campaigns.
This position is full time and will be based out of Maximum Games Headquarters in Walnut Creek, California.
In this position, you will:
Community Management & Growth
- Moderate and maintain Modus’ and Maximum Games’ social channels
- Be a driving force behind building a loyal community through creating compelling content and engaging in online conversations
- Act as the public face of the company through various channels and events, including livestreams and trade shows
- Consult with internal and external development partners to drive social engagement
- Manage external community/social media agencies
- Work closely with Brand team to create and manage months-long content calendars in alignment with individual game and industry marketing activities
- Strategize and implement engagement programs to increase social following and reach across key channels
- Drive 1:1 response messaging to community members and customers across all social channels
- Identify and interface with community evangelists to support and strengthen the brand
- Keep up to date on industry best practices and apply them to daily activities
- Track, optimize, and iterate on best practices in social and community content to raise the bar for internal teams
- Develop and manage trackable community KPIs for reporting and analysis and use learnings to adjust community and social strategy
Influencer/Streamer Growth and Engagement
- Manage external influencer agencies and build organic and paid campaigns
- Grow and manage influencer database and brand ambassador program
- Deploy influencer/streamer-specific contests and programs to promote Modus titles
- Create and manage livestream events, tournaments, and promotions
- Stream games on Modus Twitch channel and organize developer streams around key marketing beats
Ideally, you have:
- 2-3 years of experience working in the field of community management, social media, digital marketing, or equivalent relevant experience
- Hands-on experience publishing to YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Twitch, Instagram, etc., and using social publishing and measurement tools (Sprout Social)
- Highly personable demeanor and are comfortable acting as a public figure
- Comfortable on camera
- Experience as Discord and/or Steam Community power user
- Strong understanding of community management techniques and best practices
- Experience creating social copy and deploying image and video assets
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Independent self-motivation with strong time management skills
- Collaborative, resourceful, and solution-oriented mindset
- BA/BS degree in a related field
- Passion for internet and gaming culture
- Established relationships with content creators a plus!
- Alignment with the Maximum Games' Core Values: Scrappy, Creative Problem Solver, Avid Learner, Cares, Seeks Context, Adaptable
All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.