We’re looking for a Team Lead to join Ubisoft Connect. You will join a multi-disciplinary team, where everyone is willing to expand their knowledge and is encouraged to continue learning new things. The Connect team is characterized by passion and the love of gaming. You will work in close collaboration with other programmers, designers and testers with the opportunity to visit and work from collaborating studios.
You will manage a growing team of developers who create shared solutions to support live operations of our games. You will be responsible for the overall development and staffing of the team to achieve the strategic direction and objectives and develop tools & best practices to support the team development in their daily work. You must have excellent organization and communication skills, as well as a strong team management skills to support the team.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager/cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Creating an environment oriented to trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort
- Ensuring the administrative monitoring of the team (e.g. absence planning and validation and business trips planning)
- Identifying recruitment needs and participate in the recruitment & onboarding process
- Having regular One-on-One talks with team members to gather needs and give feedback
- Defining team member development and career path opportunities with team members and acting as a mentor to support achieve goals.
- Taking care of performance ratings and providing transparency for it with our internal tools
- Anticipating and recognizing potential team related risks & conflicts and recommend solutions to management
- Suggesting and performing improvement methods of task organization within the team
You as a person
You have excellent interpersonal skills combined with strong oral and written communication skills. You are passionate about technology and keep yourself up-to-date with the latest trends in your domain. You have great managerial experience and a big interest of helping develop strong teams and driving learning and development. You are highly supportive, helping the team to get things done efficiently with a proactive problem-solving mindset. You show integrity in everything you do, and you are familiar with handling people at all levels and enjoy making all process smoother for the developers. You are comfortable with taking initiative and finding creative solutions to complex problems.
Besides what is stated above, we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience
- Proven professional experience as a Team Lead/ Manager or other relevant experience
- Good knowledge in technologies and/or software development
- Knowledge in project management tools (JIRA, Confluence, etc)
Is a Bonus If You Have
- Experience with software engineering
- Passion for computer games
- Knowledge of Scrum methodologies