Senior Writer [Avatar Project]
We’re embarking on an amazing journey together with Lightstorm Entertainment and FoxNext Games, to the world of Pandora, developing a new cutting-edge game set on the beautiful and dangerous moon from the prominent Avatar film franchise.
As a Senior Writer at Massive, you'll work directly with the Lead Writer, the Lore Coordinator, and the entire Narrative team to help create a cohesive and compelling narrative experience for our Avatar Game Project.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager/cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Writing compelling item and quest log descriptions that expand the lore
- Researching and writing narrative elements to anchor a reality-based narrative within an existing IP
- Writing both scripted and systemic dialogue
- Developing character arcs and story beats through dialogue and other narrative elements
- Revising and editing dialogue to ensure quality and consistency
- Providing feedback on dialogue and the story
- Collaborating with relevant internal teams, such as narrative design, audio, animation, level design, and AI
- Mentoring more junior colleagues
You’ve a love for interactive storytelling and a background in games, film, TV, or theater. Your deep knowledge of writing compelling stories in close collaboration with other disciplines makes you a natural at creating immersive worlds, full of lore, and exciting adventures. Your creativity knows no limits, but you also understand the value of a good brief, meeting deadlines, and know constructive feedback, both when you give and receive it in a dynamic and flexible environment.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- A relevant portfolio is required (2-3 writing samples that showcase your strongest work, and a longer/screenplay sample with ~10 pages or less. See our portfolio tips here)
- Proven experience crafting and developing stories, writing dialogue and various other content from concept to completion within a large production
(Ideally large scale stories and/or key quest or mission content for AAA games)
- Experience working in a writers' room or another collaborative environment
- Ability to follow an established style guide and rules of usage
- Ability to communicate complex narrative ideas to stakeholders from other disciplines
- Experience with a non-linear narrative structure is preferred
- Strong copy-editing skills are preferred
Good to know
We aim to build a team that continuously pushes the boundaries of what’s possible in game development, and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us, we might ask you to complete a practical test as a part of our recruitment process.
We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. Meanwhile, please check out the videos posted below and our employee perks here, to gain greater insight into life at Massive.