Senior Outsourcing Props Artist
We are collaborating with Disney and Lucasfilm Games on a new story-driven open-world video game set in the beloved Star Wars galaxy. This is a lore we love and want to do justice with a game and story that bring both new and lifelong fans on an immersive and outstanding journey that will stay with them for years.
As a Senior Outsourcing Props Artist at Massive you’ll be responsible for the direction, feedback, quality level, and delivery of outsourced prop assets on the Star Wars project.
You’ll collaborate with our in-house prop art team to make prototypes, choose shaders, correct set-ups, and create detailed briefs. You’ll then cooperate with Ubisoft Shanghai and other partners who will deliver on these briefs, with you reviewing each to ensure consistency and the highest level of quality. There will be thousands of props outsourced, largely non-interactable objects which will bring the Star Wars galaxy to life, so this will be a key position for Massive and our prop art team.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job ad is posted.
What you’ll do
- Defining and maintaining the artistic vision of the project/IP;
- Be the key stakeholder and interface between Missive’s in house prop art team and our external partners;
- Developing prototypes and defining assets, writing up detailed briefs which can be easily understood by a wide audience;
- Guiding outsourcing artists with paint-overs and feedback to enable them to deliver quality assets;
- Share best practices in both directions between Massive and our partners;
- Contributing to define, maintain and improve the asset production pipeline;
You see the big picture and have an eye for detail. You’re clear and direct with your communication, with a curiosity and enthusiasm for art, video games, and movies. You’re more of a generalist, aware of what can be done in each kind of 3D software (modeling, sculpting, simulating, baking, texturing etc.), and you’re also familiar with game engines.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- A relevant portfolio of your artwork is required (portfolio tips here);
- Proven experience creating props for AAA video game projects, with a good understanding of 3D tools, techniques and workflows;
- Experience working with, or as an outsourcing artist on a large production;
- Production experience collaborating with multidisciplined game designers, ideally you have credits on at least 1 major AAA project;
- If you have a technical inclination and knowledge of shaders, this is also hugely valued