Senior Character Artist
We're seeking a Senior Character Artist for our Unannounced Project.
Your challenge will be to develop characters from concept right through to fully realized 3D models, using whatever toolsets produce your best results, and work within our in-house Snowdrop engine. You'll help us tell our story through highly detailed realistic-looking characters, creatures, and NPCs.
You'll collaborate with a multi-disciplined task force of game developers at " One of the best studios in the world " Yves Guillmot, Ubisoft CEO.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager/cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
You're an artist with a passion for films, games, and storytelling. Your ability to see both the big-picture and deliver high-quality will set you up for success in this role. You're open to feedback and are confident in bringing your ideas to the table, pushing creativity and innovation, since you know what has worked on previous productions. You're also a great communicator in English, our companies primary language.
Besides the above we're looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- A strong portfolio showcasing your Character Art creations (ideally with photo-realistic examples);
- Several years of proven work experience with Character/3D-Art from within the game and/or TV/film industries;
- Ability to realize characters from concepts and Art Director briefs;
- Understing of game development workflow;
- Degree in 3D Art, a related field, or the equivalent work experience;
- Proficient with industry-standard tools (e.g. Maya, 3Ds MAX, ZBrush, Blender, Substance).
Good to know
We aim to build a team that continuously pushes the boundaries of what's possible in game development, and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us, we might ask you to complete a practical test as a part of the recruitment process.
We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you.
Meanwhile, please check out the videos posted below and our employee perks here , to gain greater insight into life at Massive.