Senior C++ Programmer [Ubisoft Connect]
We are looking for experienced C++ Programmers to join one of our teams in Ubisoft Connect. As part of the team, you will develop, design and deploy features that are part of our ecosystem.
You will join a multi-disciplinary team where everyone is willing to expand their knowledge and encouraged to continue learning new things. The team is characterized by enthusiasm and the love for pc gaming. You will work in close collaboration with the other programmers, designers and testers to assist us realize the Ubisoft PC gaming platform.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager/cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Develop new and maintain existing features for either player-facing client applications, containerized microservices running in cloud infrastructure or other tools and services empowering our game teams and business functions
- Write clean, maintainable, cross-platform and multithreaded code
- Participate in the agile artifacts like planning, standups and retrospectives
- Take part in code reviews, architectural discussions and being part of making our code base great
No matter where your code will be running it will be measured against its performance, modularization, target platform abstraction, scalability and latency. To achieve this we use a wide spectrum of technologies ranging from Parsec, Chromium/Electron/Qt, gRPC, Docker, Protocol buffers, RESTful APIs, databases such as MySQL, Apache Cassandra and Graph databases.
You as a person
You are a motivated person enthusiastic about developing a software platform for games with millions of users. Furthermore, you believe in team ownership of what you create and you will be working with your colleagues to learn, discuss ideas and solve complex problems.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Professional experience and solid knowledge of algorithms, data structures, performance, memory management and general modern C++ best practices
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree or other relevant vocational education programs is a bonus
We believe you have professional experience with at least one of the following areas:
- Client programming
- Rendering or compression
- Relational/SQL-based, graph or NoSQL databases
Good to know
We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. Meanwhile, please check out the videos posted below and our employee perks here, to gain greater insight into life at Massive.
Massive Entertainment is a world-leading AAA studio located in Malmö, Sweden and part of the Ubisoft family. We’re a multinational team of more than 650 passionate and highly skilled people from 50+ different countries. Our studio’s goal has always been – and still is – to craft the finest gaming experiences for all players.
At Massive, you get to do what you love most while bringing your own experience to our ongoing projects, like Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, and The Star Wars Project. We're also developing new tech here, such as our in-house engine Snowdrop, and Ubisoft Connect - Ubisoft's digital ecosystem and distribution platform. All your application information will be kept confidential according to EEO & GDPR guidelines.