Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora™ is a first-person, action-adventure game developed by Massive Entertainment – a Ubisoft studio in collaboration with Lightstorm Entertainment and Disney. Built using the latest iteration of the Snowdrop engine, and developed exclusively for the new generation of consoles and PC, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora brings to life the alluring world of Pandora with all of its beauty and danger in an immersive, open-world experience.
As a Quest (Narrative) Designer here at Massive Entertainment you'll have one foot in narrative and the other in design, you’ll bridge the gap between systems, UX, and are ultimately responsible for the player’s interaction with our story. Working with a diverse Narrative team and in collaboration with multidisciplinary game designers, you’ll be responsible for the holistic design of narrative systems, content pipelines, and the practical implementation of our story.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job ad is posted.
- Designing and implementing narrative gameplay content;
- Collaborating with your Lead & Narrative colleagues, the Mission & Narrative Directors, Lead Writers, and various Game, Level and Audio Designers to develop innovative quests that flow with the overall game;
- Crafting narrative structure, creating and maintaining scripts/scenes for controlling various game elements;
- Identifying blockers to your design ideas and communicating with the appropriate teams to see if they're possible to implement (New Gameplay, AI, Cameras, Audio, Text, Objectives etc.);
- Constantly evaluating the accessibility, ease of understanding, and level of difficulty for your designs;
- Participating in the development of tools and technology to improve the narrative workflow;
- Mentoring Junior Quest Designers.
You have a passion for video games and interactive storytelling. You excel in a collaborative environment where novel ideas are valued, and you've previously demonstrated your resilience working under pressure and meeting key production deadlines.
Besides the above, we're also looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Proven professional experience with Quest/Narrative Design, ideally from AAA game production (do you have a portfolio to share?);
- Proven experience with visual scripting tools;
- Experience with linear & non-linear narrative structures;
- A diploma involving scriptwriting, literature, video games, a similar field, or the equivalent work experience;
- Understanding of the technical constraints regarding implementation on consoles, PC, and the ability to accurately predict task duration and understand dependencies.