PC Community Developer [Ubisoft Connect]
We are looking for a Community Developer to join us in leading the PC Community Strategy for Ubisoft. As a Community Developer you will provide a strong connection between the PC gaming community and various internal stakeholders (i.e Production, Business, Partnership and Community teams), managing key aspects of communication and working to improve our PC player experience.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager / cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job ad is posted.
- Building and executing strategies that foster and grow the PC communities around our titles and services, including Ubisoft Connect PC launcher, in strong collaboration with the various brand, development and community teams.
- Developing and maintaining processes and channels to relay needs and opinions expressed by the PC community, supported with the collaboration with other player experience experts.
- Working in close collaboration with the Community Managers to ensure the successful deployment of engagement and communication strategies, as well as supporting them in their interactions with the player-base.
- Setting the editorial line for community-centric communication, highlighting Ubisoft key PC features through a passionate PC lifestyle content (i.e PC builds, game engine tech showcase, behind the scenes etc.)
- Coordinating the production of all written, static and video content, in collaboration with the studio content and development teams.
- Establishing performance indicators to regularly evaluate the results and performance of your content and activations.
- Helping to coordinate studio events, such as player workshops or community events.
- Being a spokesperson for the development teams to the PC community.
- International travels required.
You as a person
You are passionate about PC gaming and its ecosystem, with a strong hardware and software expertise. You are also expert on related communities, knowing the platforms commonly used by these PC -players (Discord, Reddit, Twitch etc) and their expectations. You have great communication skills in English and are comfortable in being in front of the camera. You have great organizational skills and are comfortable with defining priorities. You enjoy working and collaborating in an international environment with a global focus where you manage to build strong relationships with transversal and development partners. In addition, we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values with the following skills and experience:
- Degree in Communication, Marketing, Digital Marketing, or equivalent.
- Professional experience managing online communities and developing strategic plans preferably in the video game or PC hardware industries.
- Great project coordination skills and are familiar with collaborative tools (i.e Smartsheet, Google Docs, etc.).
- It’s considered a bonus if you have experience of any of the following areas:
- Digital marketing and creation of livestreams, podcasts, visual assets or videos.
- Managing PC or Gaming fan sites, communities or official forums etc.
- PC related content creation knowledge, from previous professional experience or through personal hobby (i.e build creation, benchmarking, news coverage, reviews etc.),
Good to know
We aim to build a team that continuously pushes the boundaries of what’s possible in game development, and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us, we might ask you to complete a practical test as a part of the recruitment process.
We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. Meanwhile, please check out the videos posted below and our employee perks here, to gain greater insight into life at Massive.
Longing to be part of a fun, creative, and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry.
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden, and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world’s third-largest independent video game publisher. We're more than 650 people from 50+ different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3, Tom Clancy’s The Division, and our latest Avatar Project.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun, and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines