Level Design Director
As part of the Avatar Project, you’ll play an instrumental role in bringing to life the beautiful and dangerous world of Pandora. This is a unique opportunity to develop your experience in games while working together with Disney’s creative minds, and James Cameron’s production company – Lightstorm Entertainment.
As a Level Design Director at Massive Entertainment you will ensure our players have fun levels and puzzles to solve, and goals to accomplish as they journey through Pandora. You will ensure that all Levels and relates experiences are delivered on time, and to the highest possible quality – through your feedback and direction. You will share the level design vision for the project with various teams and stakeholders and oversee the entire level design process. You’ll do this with the support of a Mission Director, Open World Director and multiple Level Design Leads.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Developing the level design vision and overseeing that the vision is carried through into the game, with the player and their experience at the center;
- Considering, evangelizing and overseeing rules and metrics for gameplay spaces (rational level design);
- Ensuring all the gameplay spaces work flawlessly;
- Balance artistic aspects with technical constraints to align all technical, design, graphic, and narrative featuresö
- Provide mentorship and constructive feedback to your level design team to achieve the highest quality;
- Find solutions to issues uncovered by playtesters and cross-functional teams (get to the root of problem, and solve them).
As an experienced Level/Game Director from AAA video games you’ve continually demonstrated good judgment to help ship several major products. You’re an active contributor to the projects you’ve worked on, with a curiosity to learn, and great communication skills in English (our company language), which helps you communicate the level design vision and build strong relationships with the people you work with.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Proven professional experience leading/directing Level Design within major game production(s);
- Production experience through several full dev-cycles (from concept to live services) and at least 1 AAA project;
- Extensive knowledge about Level Design principles;
- A relevant degree in Game Development, or the equivalent work experience.
Longing to be part of a fun, creative, and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry.
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden, and fully owned by Ubisoft, the world’s third-largest independent video game publisher. We are more than 650 people from 45+ different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3, Tom Clancy’s The Division, and our latest Avatar Project.
We value diversity at Massive, promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun, and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.