Lead Quest Writer
As part of the Avatar Project, you’ll play an instrumental role in bringing to life the beautiful and dangerous world of Pandora. This is a unique opportunity to develop your experience in games while working together with Disney’s creative minds, and James Cameron’s film production company – Lightstorm Entertainment.
As a Lead Quest Writer at Massive Entertainment, you’ll be challenged with conceptualizing, researching, writing, and editing game quests for our latest Avatar project. You’ll Lead, mentor and manage an intimate team of writers, whilst collaborating with an additional Lead Writer (Worldbuilding), Mission Director, Narrative Director, and with multiple Quest (level) Designers who will implement your team’s quests in-game.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager/cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Ensuring game quests and the quality of our writing reaches AAA quality;
- Reading, revising, and validating the team’s work. Mentoring to improve their overall quality;
- Researching and writing narrative elements to anchor a reality-based narrative within an existing IP;
- Developing a writing schedule which best utilizes the skills of the team, and together with the support of an Associate Producer;
- Documenting the narrative material, making it accessible to stakeholders (writers, quest designers, & level designers),
- Providing organized responses to last minute rewrites, or changing mission/game structures.
You have a passion for storytelling but you also take pride in enabling and developing the writers around you, coaching your team to deliver the highest possible quality. You have previous experience driving a team through a AAA game release (or a similar-sized production) and are a great people manager - communicating fluently in English (our company language).
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- A relevant portfolio of your writing is required (2-3 samples that showcase your strongest work and a longer/screenplay sample with ~10 pages or less. See our portfolio tips here);
- Proven work experience leading a team of writers on a major production;
- Proven experience crafting and developing stories, writing dialogue, and various other content from concept to completion within a large production (ideally quest content for AAA games);
- Experience working in a writer’s room or another similarly collaborative writing environment;
- Ability to follow an established style guide and rules of usage;
- Ability to communicate complex narrative ideas to stakeholders from other disciplines;
- Experience with a non-linear narrative structure is preferred;
- Strong copy-editing skills are preferred.
Longing to be part of a fun, creative, and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry.
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden, and fully owned by Ubisoft, the world’s third-largest independent video game publisher. We are more than 650 people from 45+ different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3, Tom Clancy’s The Division, and our latest Avatar Project.
We value diversity at Massive, promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun, and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.