(Closed) Engineering Manager [Scalar]
Cloud tech has levelled the playing field for online games, and our vision is to go above and beyond to create amazing online experiences. Your focus as an Engineering manager will be to create an environment oriented to trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort. You will also work closely with your peers and Tech Directors to carry out on product vision, goal and general quality while following agile methodologies that best fit the teams to drive your work forward.
Have you worked as an engineer but find more joy in managing people? Do you find excitement in taking a feature from planning through to delivery? Send us a message today!
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden, with the opportunity to work partially from home according to our Flexible Workplace Policy. Please apply in English (our company language), and we’ll check your application asap!
What you’ll do
- Manage overall team planning, e.g. absences, business trips, etc.
- Identify recruitment needs and participate in the recruitment & onboarding process
- Do regular One-on-One talks with team members to gather needs and give feedback
- Define team member development and career path opportunities with team members and mentor them to achieve goals.
- Manage team and individual performance ratings and provide constant transparency.
- Anticipate and recognize potential team related risks and recommend solutions.
- Work closely with the project management team to follow up on project vision & roadmap.
- Organize and facilitate team meetings to accomplish project deliverables.
- Work with stakeholders to remove potential blockers and to ensure alignment and smooth communication throughout the project
About Production Technology at Ubisoft
At Ubisoft, there are no limits to creativity. Innovation comes from every corner and our game teams are constantly pushing the boundaries of technology to transform ideas into fantastical worlds. To bolster their efforts, Ubisoft’s Production Technology department is a transversal group that unites more than 400 experts across the company around a mission to develop the best tools and technologies that enable our studios to bring their visions to life. From designing our proprietary game engines and state-of-the-art middleware solutions used by our worldwide developer community, to leveraging the latest machine learning breakthroughs in R&D, Production Technology team members don’t just help Ubisoft creators make games: they work together to pioneer innovations that change the way games are made.
What you’ll bring
You have a great interpersonal skills combined with strong oral and written communication skills. We believe you enjoy working with technology and have ability to grasp technical issues on a high level. You are comfortable with working in an international environment, have good communication skills in English, and are aligned with our core values. We would also like to see that you have the following skills and experiences:
- Are a somewhat experienced manager with a particular interest in building strong teams and driving their skill development.
- Show integrity in everything you do, and you are familiar with handling people at all levels and enjoy making all process smoother for the developers.
- Are highly supportive; you are comfortable with taking initiative and finding creative solutions to complex problems.
- Have experience and the ability to collaborate with multiple international teams.
Massive Entertainment is a world-leading AAA studio located in Malmö Sweden and is part of the Ubisoft family. We’re a multinational team of more than 750 passionate and highly skilled people from 50+ different countries. Our studio’s goal has always been – and still is – to craft the finest gaming experiences for all players.
At Massive, you get to do what you love most while bringing your own experience to our ongoing projects, like Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, and The Star Wars Project. We're also developing new tech here, such as our in-house engine Snowdrop, and Ubisoft Connect - Ubisoft's digital ecosystem and distribution platform.
All your application information will be kept confidential according to EEO & GDPR guidelines.