We're collaborating with Disney and Lucasfilm Games on a new story-driven open-world video game set in the beloved Star Wars galaxy. This is a lore we love and want to do justice with a game and story that bring both new and lifelong fans on an immersive and outstanding journey that will stay with them for years.
As a Development Tester at Massive, you will work closely together with the Senior Dev testers to help us prevent defects and influence detection strategies with a focus on our production tool suite (i.e. Snowdrop). You will aim to improve the overall development and ensure the quality of specific features. You will be the main contact for feature teams to aid them in ensuring their features are properly tested. Your efforts will directly influence the time, risks, and costs of the game.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message the hiring manager/cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job ad is posted.
- Performing dev tests for features & changes before they are submitted
- Designing the testing scenarios for our production toolset
- Analyzing testing results and submitting reports to the development team
- Collaborating with external testers
- Collaborating with feature teams (e.g Level design, AI, UI/UX)
- Ensuring testing documentation is up-to-date
You as a person
You are passionate about games and game development and have an inquisitive and persistent mindset, coupled with technical interest which allows you to solve difficult problems. You have both a skilled eye for spotting essential details and the patience to find hidden bugs. You are organized and know how to prioritize. You have excellent communication skills, knows how to work independently and as part of a team.
Besides the above we're looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Degree in Computer Science, Software/Game Development, or equivalent practical experience.
- Good understanding of software quality assurance concepts, debugging processes, and procedures.
Is a plus if you have:
- Production tool-set experience (e.g. Perforce &/or Jira);
- Previous work experience with game development and/or QC
- Experience playing/testing games on major platforms.